Author Topic: The Green Eco Button - What Does It Do?  (Read 5896 times)

JazzHybrid

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid IMA
The Green Eco Button - What Does It Do?
« on: March 23, 2019, 11:23:53 PM »
I was driving along today and noticed the green eco button on the right side below the steering wheel column. I pressed it and on some trees / flowers appeared on the dash. I am surprised I only noticed this now actually. Anyway, it is on, whatever it is, but in real world what does that function actually do?  :)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: The Green Eco Button - What Does It Do?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 10:33:25 PM »
According to https://www.gocompare.com/covered/2011/08/car-review-honda-jazz-hybrid/:
"Even when switched to ‘ECO’ mode (which decreases torque by four per cent and smoothens the throttle, delivering better efficiency) the Jazz’s 1.3 litre petrol engine delivers enough clout to make overtaking unproblematic."

While http://www.greenmotor.co.uk/2011/08/test-drive-honda-jazz-hybrid.html says:
"There are two driving modes: normal and eco. The economy mode is active by default – the button to switch it off is a big green lozenge hiding down by your right knee. Hit that button and throttle response is noticeably sharpened, as is the actual acceleration that results."

i.e. it trades a little performance for better efficiency / economy.

Try it and see if you notice any difference in performance.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

JazzHybrid

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid IMA
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 12:06:13 AM »
Thanks for that. Well,  can report that I have tried it, but not really sure what the difference was. I am wondering if other members have noticed any material increase in MPG when it is on vs. when ECO mode is off?

smilertoo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.39l Honda Jazz 2004 Ice Blue - 45mpg max/40mpg normal
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 05:54:23 PM »
I'd like a jazz hybrid but they're very rare in the uk, the few i do see are way down south around london.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 07:32:53 PM »
Most dealers that have a network of dealers will transport cars to another local dealer for free. I had mine moved from West London to Herts within 24 hours of enquiring, and took delivery within 48 hours of enquiring.

Have a look on AutoTrader?

GSX600FMAN

• 2014 Jazz Hybrid GP1
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE6 1.4EX, GG6 1.4EX. Now Jazz Hybrid (2014) April 2019
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 10:22:11 AM »
If you switch the ECO button off the car will accelerate slightly faster (normally). If using Cruise control it will cause the increase in speed by the button to be slower. For top performance for a bit to see the difference, find a suitable section of ‘road’, switch off the ECO, and put Gear stick into ‘S’. Then try out the throttle now. Then compare again with in in the normal ‘D’ and ECO back on an throttle it again.

Tags:

anything