Author Topic: Satnav throws a tantrum!  (Read 1871 times)

la14oldie

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 3 SE Navi CVT
Satnav throws a tantrum!
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »
After having a number of problems with the Garmin satnav, it has excelled itself today. It suddenly decided that it would not accept any destinations by postcode!

What happens is that when I press the "Spell Postcode" button, I don't get the usual screen which has both letters and numbers - I get a screen with letters only and no way of accessing numbers at all. Of course it is then impossible to input UK postcodes. I've been to the dealer who said they would update some software - the guy I spoke to could not elucidate as to whether this was software specific to the satnav or the infotainment system in general. He said that customers had been having many problems including, for example, the usb ports not working properly. I asked if my particular problem had happened before and he was evasive. A blind faith in a software update does not fill me with confidence.

Has anyone else had this postcode problem?

I must say that I love my Mk 3 Jazz (it's the 4th Jazz I've had in 12 years) but the electronic gremlins are driving me to distraction. Don't mention spurious tyre deflation warnings! I am very disappointed that Honda have launched technology which doesn't work properly. I thought they were better than that.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Satnav throws a tantrum!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 04:56:24 PM »
Don't mention spurious tyre deflation warnings!
I've only had one deflation warning in the year I've owned mine and it turned out not be spurious.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Satnav throws a tantrum!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 05:15:31 PM »
My only tyre warning was self inflicted, not calibrated correctly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:17:41 PM by Deeps »

Tags: