Author Topic: Local Honda dealer new Jazz offer  (Read 9254 times)

JohnnyJazz

Local Honda dealer new Jazz offer
« on: September 14, 2016, 08:58:47 PM »
Just received letter from local dealer (Brindley Honda) offering new Jazz at cost price + 1p!!
Also up to £3000 deposit contribution from Honda, plus first 15 customers get free 5 years servicing.
Must be desperate to sell!

davegreen55

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2010
Re: Local Honda dealer new Jazz offer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 09:26:11 PM »
They closed their Halesowen branch a few months ago, so I think you may be right about them struggling to sell them.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 10:49:16 AM »
Closing a showroom has nothing to do with not being able to sell a car. Dealers make more money on extras such as protection and warranty and services than they do on a car sale.

New Civic launching soon (Jan) so they are trying to offload whole bunch of them .. I think £180 pm on 0%. I think I have seen some new bumper extensions for Jazz too so maybe this is an offer to get rid of old stock. Lookers Honda is doing a similar sale here in SE London and I have been seeing much more Jazzes about.

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 02:08:40 PM »
Cost plus £1 is my local dealers offer plus they will show me invoice for cost price from Honda,seems like they are struggling to sell this new jazz

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »
It's called making space for new stock!  8) when new features are launched in the upcoming update no one would want and older looking car... If they were struggling to sell them they would simply start doing fleet sales which every other manufacturer does, except Honda.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 10:51:52 PM »
Closing a showroom has nothing to do with not being able to sell a car.

It's got a lot to do with it.  Honda geared up the network to sell 100,000 cars per year but they dropped to 50K and really can't break away from that figure. 

Leaves the dealers in a difficult position - Honda dealers voted Honda the worst franchise to have - from a money-making point of view.  Take a car for service now and it's like visiting a VW dealer - it's all about how money they can screw out of you with scams like "premium" service upgrades.

We had our 2014 Jazz on a 2yr 0% PCP which Honda gave us £500 to take (in addition to other dealer discounts).  I was baffled by why Honda did that, but for months the dealer has been badgering us to change it for either a new Jazz ar a HR-V on another (not so attractive) PCP.

But there's too many iffy comments about new Jazz and HR-V is just too expensive - so we'll pay off the PCP and keep the mk2 Jazz for the time being.   They'd already lost my wife as a customer when her Jazz needed changing a year ago.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:55:35 PM by Rory »

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 11:47:29 PM »
Closing a showroom has nothing to do with not being able to sell a car.

It's got a lot to do with it.  Honda geared up the network to sell 100,000 cars per year but they dropped to 50K and really can't break away from that figure.

The dealers that these offers are available from are large franchises which sell multiple brands so there is hardly any reason for them to sell these car so cheap. Its called offloading the stock to make space for new one.

I am not saying that Hondas are flying off the shelf but the situation is not critical .. other brands do it all the time including Nissan. My aunt got a PFL Note for less than the invoice price with all extra bits thrown in only because the dealer (WLMG) were making space for FL ones with different specs.

If you look closely at the offers 1.3 Jazz is at 5.9% while 1.4 Civic Sport is being offered for 0% which makes sense.

Regarding iffy comments about the Jazz.. are you pointing to threads on ClubJazz or have you found some complaints going about on the interwebs?

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 12:53:33 PM »
Looks whats coming at Paris Motorshow

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 02:12:48 PM »

It's only a tarted up special edition, nothing new.  It's not even going to be offered in the UK (probably a wise choice).

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 03:45:47 PM »

It's only a tarted up special edition, nothing new.  It's not even going to be offered in the UK (probably a wise choice).

Were you expecting a new model one year down the line?

guest5247

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 04:23:56 PM »
Really don't like that new Jazz shape,  its lost its interior space around the dash area.

And i love that feeling of space in mine...sooo relaxing.

Glyn Hopkin Honda st Colchester have dozens of the new shape Jazz,  again...they can't sell them.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 07:13:56 PM »
Wait till 3rd week in November the best time to squeeze a deal, or just lease for 2yrs.

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 07:43:35 PM »

Looks pretty desperate to me.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 02:12:13 PM »

Very similar to the Keenlight concept from earlier this year. TBH, I didn't bother posting the Keenlight concept as a news story on here as it was a bit non-event.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 05:37:11 PM »
Honda UK's MD admitted they are trying to maximise profit. Volumes over 50K are not important...

In the long run, they risk ending up like Subaru - who have high list prices, sell new cars largely to previous owners  and have to discount like mad to sell old stock.  And sell very few cars a year.

Car buyers can be fooled but not for ever . Uncompetitive prices and uncompetitive products just end up losing customers.  And when customers want the maximum car for their money, then competitive finance is a must as well.. 

Tags: