Author Topic: Special Offer from Rowes Honda  (Read 6411 times)

guest1940

Special Offer from Rowes Honda
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »
Hi All,

During March we are offering 10% off all service parts for Jazz's, Civics, CR-V'S & Accord's.

If you are unsure about fitment, you can do an on line enquiry, let us know your cars details, we will be happy to check for you.

Our web address is www.roweshondaparts.co.uk

Best wishes

Dave @ Rowe's Honda

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: Special Offer from Rowes Honda
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:03:55 PM »
Hi,

I`ve the clicking noise when I`m turning left in the second gear, is it the friction damper what I need to solve this problem, HONDA FRICTION DAMPER 2ND GEAR (CIVIC & JAZZ)?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:06:14 PM »
Hi,

I`ve the clicking noise when I`m turning left in the second gear, is it the friction damper what I need to solve this problem, HONDA FRICTION DAMPER 2ND GEAR (CIVIC & JAZZ)?

On early Jazz a clicking noise heard when turning left in 2nd gear may be due to the reverse shift holder ball bearing being contaminated and partially seized, causing the reverse idler gear to not return to neutral. Shifting into 2nd gear causes the reverse idler gear to touch the countershaft reverse gear. This problem has been known by Honda since 2002, and resulted a stronger reverse shift holder being fitted to later models. Repairs to early Jazz may be quoted at around £730.

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:34:18 PM »
Thanks, but earlier you already gave me the same answer and now I`d like to know is this the part what I need to fix the problem?
Personally I`d like to fix this and not a dealer I don`t want to pay them a brand new gearbox`s price, for that £730 I guess I could get a brand new one...

mod: Thanks for your help JazzyB! I copied your answer and emailed to Rowes Honda and I got answer from them today in email (the 1st time they thought I`ve a failing CV joint):

"please find attached picture of the part you require    
no4 is what you want ,it is £27.41 + vat = £32.89 inc vat
cost of doing this job is as you quoted £730ish"

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:44:10 PM by DV »

Tags:

anything