Author Topic: Need help identifying a suspension part  (Read 677 times)

mausam233

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Fit GE8
Need help identifying a suspension part
« on: July 27, 2020, 09:38:38 PM »
I have a 2012 Honda Fit RS.
Recently I have been hearing a strange sound whenever I hit a bump. Upon inspection, I have found the culprit but I have not been able to identify the name of the part, I have been googling for hours so I decided to try here.

I really hope someone can help before any other part goes bad.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Need help identifying a suspension part
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 08:07:09 AM »

The part your after is called drop link over in England , they are simple to replace & should be readily avaiable from motor parts stores.
You need a search on FitFreak.net the USA Fit website its full of great advice & how to articles.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 10:20:12 AM »
That is not the drop-link. The drop-link is the larger bar to the front of the bottom photo. That link looks like it connects to an electrical device that looks like it could be part of the VSA mechanism.
Are you sure that is the part that is knocking? It is far more likely to be the drop-link between the wishbone and the anti-roll bar that is knocking.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 03:09:51 PM »
That is not the drop-link. The drop-link is the larger bar to the front of the bottom photo. That link looks like it connects to an electrical device that looks like it could be part of the VSA mechanism.
Are you sure that is the part that is knocking? It is far more likely to be the drop-link between the wishbone and the anti-roll bar that is knocking.

I agree. It looks like a linkage to some sort of roll or yaw sensor, I don't think any UK spec cars have these fitted - the bottom arms don't even have the bracket for the linkage. Probably a Fit RS specific device.

I also agree 100% about the drop link. 9 times out of 10, knocks on bumps are from the droplinks - because they go quite forcibly from extension to compression, and the tiniest bit of play (often undetectable by hand) makes them knock through the chassis.

The sensor linkage is very unlikely to have much tension on it, and I doubt that any play would sound knocky.

mausam233

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Fit GE8
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 02:05:47 AM »
Thank you. I'll check again to verify where the sound is coming from.

Tags:

anything