Author Topic: anyone bought jap import jazz  (Read 2863 times)

guest431

anyone bought jap import jazz
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:12:09 PM »
any pitfalls or anything to look out for

neils-home

• Topic Starter
Re: anyone bought jap import jazz
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 09:12:45 AM »
Bought one a few months ago from Japan. Bought a November 2004 1.4 CVT SE which has a much higher spec than the cars over here. It has been re-badged as a Jazz and on all the documents is called a Jazz so insurance etc is very good. Go to a dealer who imports cars as it is a long winded process to do it yourself and easy to make an expensive mistake.
It has all the normal bits and bobs plus lots of chrome on the engine, sills, etc blacked out windows and I think the seats are a little softer than UK cars but not 100% sure. I would assume it has been lightly modified and most of the parts are branded Mugen and I am not complaining as it looks very nice and a little different to the rest of the cars out there.
The only problem was the radio/cd as the Japs operate on a different band width and without a band expander can only receive 1 station. I have fitted an expander that cost £10.00 and now have a working radio. Overall a cracking little car with loads of space, very cheap to run and I think a little nicer than the UK versions and a lot cheaper.

Tags: