Author Topic: Honda Fit Features in Car and Driver '10 Best Cars'  (Read 2723 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Honda Fit Features in Car and Driver '10 Best Cars'
« on: December 07, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
Car and Driver choose the Jazz/Fit in 10 Best Cars Round-up Once again, the Honda Fit (Jazz) claims a spot in US-magazine Car and Driver's annual round-up of the ten best cars on sale. Car and Driver is one of America's leading car magazines and evey year picks the ten best cars on sale. The Fit featured last year and yet again makes the list alongside much more expensive cars such as the Porsche Cayman/Boxster, Cadillac CTS and Chevrolet Corvette.

Car and Driver said, "Basic transportation no longer means deprivation. Not only does the Fit deliver what you’d expect—high mpg numbers and low ownership costs—but it also delivers something you might not: high-quality interior appointments, a high level of usefulness, and a high fun-to-drive index".

Compared to the European Jazz, the US Fit comes with a 109bhp VTEC engine instead of the i-DSi units and the option of a traditional torque-converter automatic transmission instead of the 7-speed CVT system (don't worry, the US Fit can be bought with a 'stick-shift' 5-speed manual transmission). The front-end structure is also slightly different to conform to stricter crash regulations.

Although the Jazz in North America doesn't have the same intense competition as in Europe - main rivals are really only the Toyota Yaris and Kia Rio - the US market is traditionally hostile to imported small cars. Considering American attitudes this is quite an achievement to receive this kind of recognition.

Just don't expect George Dubya to rush out and buy one...yet.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:51:14 PM by RichardA »

Tags:

anything