Author Topic: MICU issue £1600 to fix...is this really how much they charge?!!?!?  (Read 1181 times)

badharks

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2011
Hi Everyone
Newbie here. My Jazz 2011 has an issue where the green key symbol appears on the dash and the key won't start the engine.  Took it in for a check with a Honda garage and, 10 days later, the technician reckons its a MICU issue and needs a replacement.  The cost quoted is £1600 !!!

Just wanted to check if this can be done elsewhere or is it a Honda only requirement (bearing it mind it would need reprogramming)?

Thanks

john24ssj

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Honda Jazz 1.4 iV-Tech
Re: MICU issue £1600 to fix...is this really how much they charge?!!?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 08:33:12 AM »
I would just check on google to find your local Auto Locksmith and they can reprogram keys and do other magic for 1/10th of the dealer price.
Also not quite related but might help:

badharks

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:31:00 AM »
Thanks for this info. I have seen the videos but just a little worried about the complexity.
I have also contacted Auto Locksmith and for anyone else who has this issue, they are UNABLE to reprogramme a MIC-Key unit for this purpose.

Would welcome any other suggestions before I cough up the ridiculous amount Honda are asking
thanks again
Raj

TonyS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 1.4 EX
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 11:20:15 AM »
Interesting link below to a video on Youtube regarding programming an MICU. I would think that a good auto electrical company might have the software (X431iDiag) he uses and be able to programme the keys.

Tags: