Author Topic: Automatic gearbox with paddle shift  (Read 1477 times)

Oldreds

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz 2009 petrol automatic 1.4.
Automatic gearbox with paddle shift
« on: August 05, 2019, 08:01:13 PM »
I have a slight clonkinking noise when I first select auto.i have had the gearbox checked and it’s fine.i can select all gears manually smoothly with out any noises in fact it’s smooth as it could be and great fun.
My wife drives the car in auto all the time and says sometimes on a hill start it rally’s back.

Does this semi auto box have some sort of a clutch ?.
Thank you.

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
Re: Automatic gearbox with paddle shift
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 08:05:13 PM »
is it a Mk 2 with 7 speed CVT ??

when did you last change the gearbox oil ?

these benefit from regular oil changes .

I am sure Honda recommend  every 2 years or 25 K miles

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 08:39:50 PM »
2009 means it's an i-Shift box ie an automatically operated conventional gearbox and, as such, has a clutch. I've never driven one but comments elsewhere on this forum indicate that some people got on with these fine while others couldn't. Perhaps the latter predominated as Honda reverted to the CVT box in 2011. Search this forum for i-Shift / iShift to find out more including suggestions about how the box likes to be used. Here's one https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=6632.15.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

geoffchats

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »
My 2009 I-shift does click when a gear is selected from stationary and a similar click can be detected when on the move too. I have been told that a metallic click is normal as it's simply the actuator doing its stuff. Incidentally, don't forget to check the level of hydraulic in the clutch reservoir which us separate to the brake fluid reservoir and, on my car, lives to the right of the radiator, partly under the front shut panel. I have also changed the gearbox oil with the correct Honda stuff...

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Tags:

anything