Author Topic: Newbie Uncomfortable Seats  (Read 11904 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Newbie Uncomfortable Seats
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 08:46:35 AM »
First of all it is dangerous to have wayward mats in the front drivers side, I had a 'generic' (non-Honda) mat jam the accelerator pedal once,  very scary.

I wouldn't describe Jazz seats or seating position as being particularly uncomfortable,  if you search for 'seats' and / or 'uncomfortable' on this forum there are plenty of threads about this with advice on resolving problems,  you may just need to adjust the seat height, position and back-rest angle to suit you.  I have driven many miles in  Jazz MK11 and no problems.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »
Personally, I don't find my Jazz's seat uncomfortable, I have done some quite long journeys and not had a problem, the only critisism I have is that the drivers seat arm rest could do with being a bit longer?
I think in common with many cars these days it's the  fine adjustment that's more difficult, when seats had rotary adjustment controls it was easy to find the right position, but I find that isn't so with the lever controls for recline and other fine adjustments ::)

If you want to fit any after market seats new rails or adaptors would be needed :(

2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

guest6320

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 02:50:37 PM »
Being 6'5" with mobility problems I wasn't expecting much from the Jazz seats (2013 SE), I've previously had larger cars, Honda CRV, new version Nissan Qashqai (awful car, went back after 4 months!) and a Ford Kuga. 

In reality I find it perfectly OK, longest journey was about 65miles each way on A roads and a bit of dual carriageway and I was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't in pain at the end of it.  It's a bit of a struggle to get in/out of but once in it's a nice drive :)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 03:33:21 PM »
I raised the seat as much as I could, altered the rake and made the back very upright.. essentially sitting nearer to the steering wheel. No issues.. very comfortable for an old back sufferer.

guest6296

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 05:28:13 PM »
Some interesting points there, thanks. Agree about the arm rest - it is too short but I'm not complaining as I've never had one before and am unlikely to use it. The lack of the rotary knob to adjust the seat back was, ironically, something I pointed out to the salesman when we looked at the new car. He claimed that the lever system was preferred by owners because it is easier to operate. So instead all you have now is a small number of fixed positions. I prefer the old system! I have sent off for an off-cut of memory foam which I intend to try as a back-rest. It's cheap enough to try out and discard if necessary.

The "generic" rubber mats we have are very heavy duty and grip the carpet well. They were too good to leave in our old Jazz and the new one had none! I had to shorten the one on the driver's side because it was preventing the accelerator pedal being pressed right down (hence rather sluggish acceleration!).

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 06:43:44 PM »
I recently took several Citroen's out on a test drive alongside Hyundai i10s.

I was very impressed with the Cactus - unbelievable couch like experience!
Also one of the big Picasso variants is owned by a friend and that's a joy to  travel in.

The dilemma Honda has is that you have a product which is going to last a long time and the cabin furniture has to be up to the job that the rest of the car's life span will imply. The seating is firm. In my opinion it is firm but friendly:)

Most Citroen are designed to last for a shorter period than Hondas. They are priced and sold according to user expectation. Also the internal, motive and electrical components do not have the same reliability history - but the upside is they employ certain brand traditions such as great cabin furniture that are very comfortable but are more likely break down and have uneven wear characteristics that Honda's designers cant employ.

So you might need to look at chair toppers, aerators or other layers including sheep skin to get the comfort factor you are seeking. Hondas do have drawbacks namely irritating air conditioning, up hill braking assist that's not that assitive blah blah blah. But the one thing you bought was a very reliable high quality product with very good but not maybe brilliantly comfortable seats.

guest5355

• Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 05:34:03 PM »
 Hi, try looking at these on YouTube, they sure helped me. good luck. HONDA LUMBA 1 of 2  and   HONDA LUMBA 2 of 2

guest6316

• Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 08:57:02 AM »
Hi Dave,
This is not going to help you much, but only to say that seating comfort has much improved and todays Jazz, seating comfort is much better on the longer runs. As for Citroen seating, well I used to own a C5, I've never been able to find a family car in that sort of price range that will beat Citroen comfort. It is what it is I'm afraid.

guest5247

• Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 09:30:09 PM »
When i bought my EX last November, i had make sure i sit reasonably upright !.

But doing this made the head restraint push my head seriously uncomfortably forward , so much so...i ended looking down !!. And crazy back pain.
I was seriously annoyed.

I ended up getting the head 'rest ' legs adjusted by getting them cut ,re bent almost straight and welded up again to retain strength.

The legs are now almost straight,  highly polished and look like factory.

And the best thing its soooo comfortable now.

I did nothing with the mechanism in the seat,  didn't touch it at all.

guest6316

• Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 07:11:34 AM »
I hear what your saying Rambler, when I had my 2014 Si the head restraint was annoying and on longish journeys neck and back painful.
Fortunately they've sort of improved it on the 2016 Ex's, the shape has changed, its much larger now and there's a button in the head restraint itself which can vary the angle for a more comfortable position. I wouldn't say it was perfect, but its improved a lot, journeys end a lot more refreshed than before.
Glad to hear you've found a solution for yours.

Tags: