Author Topic: 3rd.Service coming up.  (Read 1204 times)

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
3rd.Service coming up.
« on: May 18, 2019, 12:58:31 PM »
Hi all; just joined this forum, and thought I would pop my head above the parapet !

I bought a 1.3 EX CVT last September, from a main dealer, which was first registered in late July 2016, and the dealer must have done the 2nd. year service, when they took it in as a P/X. I am really pleased with it,... it does what I want !

So,the service having been completed in May, prompts the computer to send me a reminder, that its next service is due.

Hang on there, I'm getting out of sync. here! I don't want to have 7 services in 6 years  Ha ha!

So what is recommend from the learned people on here. If I wait until the end of July, which is the aniversary of the first  registration, it's then 14 months since the last service. Will that have any bearing on "goodwill," that Honda may provide, on future repairs? The previous owner paid for the 5 year warranty, which I have inherited.

In the same vein, I am unsure until I check with them, if they did a gearbox oil change at the second service, as the mileage would only have been about 8000 miles. Perhaps the oil change is needed on a time and not mileage basis, as is brake fluid.

So there we have it. Sorry it rambled on a bit.

On the basis that I have the servicing package, and am able to therefore use an alternative dealership, have any other users, teased a free MOT, at the threat of going elsewhere?

Thanks in anticipation

Dave.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: 3rd.Service coming up.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 09:45:20 PM »
The service package covers 5 services at any Honda dealership. They can check to see what work has been done previously, but CVT fluid should be changed every 2 years or 25,000 miles.

I would have the car serviced in May and then MOTd in July, and next year MOT and service a few weeks later to keep the same MOT expiration date.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 10:21:39 PM »
My dealer charges £35 for MOT if in conjunction with a service, but £45 otherwise.  I have a 5 year service package, but because of dates and travel plans, I had the package 3rd year service a bit early, and went to Halfords later for a £35 MOT.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 02:18:23 PM »
My dealer charges £35 for MOT if in conjunction with a service, but £45 otherwise. 

That is a bum deal my dealer offers free MOT for life provided you have it serviced by them annually, both on my Jazz and now the Civic.

davejazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »
My dealer charges £35 for MOT if in conjunction with a service, but £45 otherwise. 

That is a bum deal my dealer offers free MOT for life provided you have it serviced by them annually, both on my Jazz and now the Civic.
Thats my kind of price Hobo, except Cornwall is a long way to travel from Lancashire!
Anyone else nearer home with that kind of deal?

Thanks.

Tags: