Author Topic: Tyre Change Of thread pattern(model/brand of tyre)  (Read 10210 times)

equaliser

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 I-VTEC EX Navi CVT
Re: Tyre Change Of thread pattern(model/brand of tyre)
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2023, 10:05:23 PM »
Another vote for Toyo Proxies Comfort. Put a full set on back in February, totally transformed the car. Harsh ride gone, very comfortable with excellent grip in all weather conditions.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2023, 10:20:06 PM »
Another vote for Toyo Proxies Comfort. Put a full set on back in February, totally transformed the car. Harsh ride gone, very comfortable with excellent grip in all weather conditions.
Agreed. I've covered around 10k miles on them, and they are holding up well (if I remember, I'll measure the tread depth and report back on wear rate). Still quiet, handle well and easy to recommend. Toyo should be on your shopping list come replacement time.

Also, ProTyre are a good alternative to the mainstream fast fit places. I found an online discount code and got a stonking deal at the time.  8) Good garage.

BeefOlives

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2019 SE I-VTEC
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2024, 08:06:22 AM »
Thought I'd update the thread. So I went to a recommended garage and they weren't concerned over anything really, but then that could be turning business away so take that with a pinch of salt. They didn't have any exact tyres and ordered a tyre called Michelin Primacy 4 Outside Total Performance and swapped it for the punctured low thread front left. After driving throughout the winter I've not noticed any difference, but then the advice on the thread has already pointed out the potential problems.

One thing though. I'd had a previous issue with the car tyre deflation warning constantly going off and that eventually stopped. But now after the tyre change it's now back to every long trip.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2024, 01:20:44 PM »

One thing though. I'd had a previous issue with the car tyre deflation warning constantly going off and that eventually stopped. But now after the tyre change it's now back to every long trip.

When I had this issue on a MK3 Jazz I did find that the car needed several recalibrations before it eventually settled down. It was always a motorway trip that set it off.

Tags:

anything