Author Topic: Hands Free Phone setup on EX CVT  (Read 5274 times)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Hands Free Phone setup on EX CVT
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
I have just changed my EX I-shift for the new EX CVT which now has the HFT system installed. Have managed to get my Sony C902 phone to 'talk' to the HFT and can receive calls OK.
Now, is it possible to copy all my phone numbers to the HFT without speaking each one separately? I have roughly 40 numbers in the phone and it would be quite a long winded procedure, to transfer these numbers to the HFT, verbally.
Any advice would be appreciated.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Hands Free Phone setup on EX CVT
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:37:08 AM »
I had the same issue, and after shouting a lot at the Honda system decided the only way was to identify the top 5 most used number and transfer 1 by 1 - a real pain - I looked at the reference manual but as the sun was shinning fell asleep trying to understand the logic
PS there must surely be a better method, suggest you do a quick search on Accord/Civic forums or await a well versed clubjazz forum user.

Kenneve

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Re: Hands Free Phone setup on EX CVT
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »
They say, if all else fails, read the instructions!!

Page 252 of the owners manual sets out the procedure for storing your phone numbers to HFT.
Basically you set the HFT system to receive the desired number by.
Press & release Talk.
Say "Phonebook"
Say "Receive Contact"

RFT then waits for phone to send the number, which can be sent by.
Find number on phone.
Press 'Open'
Press 'Options'
Press 'Send Contact'
Press 'Via Bluetooth' (different phone procedures may vary but that is the gist of it)

HFT will then ask you to name the received number, Say a name & when asked confirm "Yes"

Some names in your phone may have 2 or 3 numbers attached Eg, Home, Office, or Mobile.
HFT will receive all 3 at once and then ask for each to be named in turn Eg,
"Ken Home", Ken Office" etc.

I now have all my close friends & family stored and as they say "It works for me"

Tags: