Author Topic: Door mirror replacement  (Read 811 times)

Robsterboy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid
Door mirror replacement
« on: February 10, 2024, 03:59:50 PM »
Just had my offside door mirror smashed off by a passing motorcyclist in the dark and rain who vanished in a flash, Is it a difficult replacement?

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
Re: Door mirror replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 05:38:29 PM »
Hello.Not difficult but expensive ..mirror casing is no doubt complete with motors and heating element as well as indicator LEDs . All of which will be part of the replacement unit as they are unlikely to be designed just to replace the part which is broken

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 09:01:07 AM »
This Honda spares website does sell the mirror glass separately, don't know how easy to fit though. They also sell complete mirror assemblies for around £300:

https://hondadirectparts.co.uk/parts/honda-jazz-genuine-parts/jazz-hybrid-2020/lighting-exterior-interior-jazz-2020/honda-jazz-ehev-2021-2023-offside-mirror-glass/

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 10:38:48 AM »
Someone I know with a Land Rover Discovery managed to destroy a mirror down a country lane on a projecting branch. The mirror had all the knobs and whistles included, cost him north of £800!!!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 12:52:39 PM »
Cost over £100 on a Vauxhall Cavalier in about 1990. Parts only. I fitted it myself.        The other car had left his back door insecure and it swung open on a bend.   The other driver had  agreed to pay  privately. He thought I was ripping him off - but paid. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything