Author Topic: Dishonourable, HONDA? Judge for yourself...  (Read 1631 times)

Tom18437

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2019
Dishonourable, HONDA? Judge for yourself...
« on: July 31, 2023, 10:21:54 AM »
My 2019 Jazz developed a fault with selecting gears after 2.5K miles of use from new. Under warranty my local Honda garage attempted repairs. They attempted repairs for the same fault on six separate occasions. The car was evaluated each time by Hondas technicians, judged to be faulty and taken in by the garage for investigation and repair. On at least two separate occasions replacement parts were fitted to the vehicle including a new sleeve set synchronizer, case comp transmission, case comp clutch, bearings, oil seals etc. The repairs were billed to Honda UK (Warranty) and totalled £2,316.92. All the six times the car was collected from the garage, it was expected to have been repaired, but each time the fault remained. The car had to go back and forth to the garage again and again. The car was kept at the garage for repairs six times, for more than 110 days over a period of 11 months. The car was faulty to drive throughout the whole period and is still faulty.

Honda UK... Deny all accountability - (Dishonarable Honda?)
At this point Honda UK were contacted direct for further assistance to repair my car.
Honda UK stated that their Honda garage have confirmed that they believe that this is how the car was designed and that without a confirmed fault from a Honda authorized dealership, they will be unable to proceed further.
It was responded to Honda UK that their own Honda garage technicians repeatably found fault with my car and carried out multiple investigations and major works to try to repair the fault.
Honda UK stuck to their response a further 4 times, choosing to deny accountability.

Insane Honda?
Honda’s stance: If we cannot find the fault, then it “does not exist”.
•   but six times you tried to repair the fault, that “does not exist”.
•   and you replaced major parts of the car attempting to repair the fault, that “does not exist”.
•   and with incredible inconvenience, you kept your customers vehicle for nearly 4 months, all the while informing the customer, you were trying to repair the fault, that “does not exist”.

The Motor Ombudsman - (Dishonest Honda?)
The Motor Ombudsman was approached and took up the issue.
In response to the Motor Ombudsman contacting, Honda UK replied,
'Due to the customers experience, Honda (UK) would agree to this (2-year extended warranty) purely as a goodwill gesture, without prejudice and without any admission of liability. We would kindly ask that you offer this proposal on our behalf to bring this matter to a resolution.
The offer was rejected, firstly because they didn’t show any consideration to my experience until the Motor Ombudsman was involved and secondly, more importantly... They still, and it may seem like I’m pushing the point a little, but it is the point... They still haven’t offered to repair my car. The offer to extend the warranty two years on a car that only has 4.5k miles of use suggests a lack of confidence in my car, their product, to continue to perform reliably from here on in.

Consumer Rights Act 2015 - (Criminal Honda?)
Honda UK were informed that as my car had developed a fault that they were unable to repair under obligation and had been given multiple attempts to do so, and had further been offered multiple opportunities to resolve the issue but continually refused to do so, that Honda UK were in breach of The Consumer Rights Act 2015. Honda UK did not acknowledge the breach.

My cars gear changes have been faulty for 16 months
Every contact with the garage was courteous and friendly, I put no pressure whatsoever on the people attempting to repair my car, no hassling phone calls, emails or demands that the car be fixed. No complaints were made to the garage for their quality of service. My complaints only begun when the matter was escalated to Honda UK.

A few of the lines from Honda UK’s responses
Honda UK take any concerns our customers raise seriously, and we hope that the investigations carried out reassure you of that. We hope that you can now continue to enjoy your fantastic Honda Jazz. 
•   Erm....It’s still faulty, every drive is frustrating.
Customer satisfaction is truly of the utmost importance and it is regretful that we have been unable to meet your customer expectations.
•   Hard to believe, as you chose to do nothing to fix my car.
Naturally, as a Manufacturer, we pride ourselves on our well-known reputation for reliability.
•   Can’t fix a fault, fob them off, tell them there isn’t a fault and car is reliable.
We are extremely passionate about delivering the best possible experience.
•   I can think of better ones, starting with fixing my car.

I find HONDA UK’s actions in this case to be dishonourable and insane. Comments please.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: Dishonourable, HONDA? Judge for yourself...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 10:50:54 AM »
Sorry to hear this, I don't mind having the odd problem as long as it's resolved and in your case it hasn't been.
They had acknowledged a problem so why can't they sort it !!!
My MK3 Jazz had a very smooth gear change so how can it be down to design.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
Re: Dishonourable, HONDA? Judge for yourself...
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 12:04:35 PM »
You have said was done to fix the "fault" but have not really explained what the fault actually is or how it manifests itself to help other owners who may be experiencing the same thing.

Just ranting about how badly Honda appear to have treated you might make you feel better but doesn't help us understand the problem.

You should have rejected the car a long time ago if you wanted protection under the 2015 Regulations.

Tags: