Author Topic: Wing mirror  (Read 737 times)

Stanmid7

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Wing mirror
« on: November 01, 2022, 01:19:40 PM »
The passenger wing mirror on this car will not come in enough to see the side of the car. It's working fine house out miles but fully on Saturday can't see the side. It's there any other adjustment for the whole mirror body that will sort it. Only just bought the car so no history

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Wing mirror
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 02:16:27 PM »
Try pushing the mirror glass by hand. It may be that it is at the limit of electrical travel. Once it moves then fine-adjust it with the electrics.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 04:08:53 PM »
As Jocko says  the glass can sometimes be moved by hand independent of the motor. . You may hear some ratchets clicking as you move it.     Its possible if you push or pull too hard the glass may unclip.  But this is normal  procedure when replacing a broken mirror glass.  It should be fairly obvious how to click it back in place.   A previous owner may have replaced the glass but not clipped it in properly. 

I had to replace a glass on my Yaris, but there were two types. Needless to say I bought the wrong one which almost fitted  but caught on the mirror housing at extreme adjustment.     If all else fails check the mirror glass is the correct one.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 05:54:51 PM »
Also check that the wing mirror cowl hasn't been pushed outwards, especially if yours hasn't got the motorised folding feature.

Tags:

anything