Author Topic: Body roll/lean  (Read 3052 times)

DWJazz2021

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX (Gen4)
Re: Body roll/lean
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2022, 02:42:47 PM »
The Jazz is very sure footed, much more than it looks.
Proving you’re cornering under 80km/h you’ll be surprised how nimble it is :)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2022, 02:48:53 PM »
...The torque vectoring used when cornering should help with stability.

Svashtar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2022, 02:40:59 PM »
So, tested the car this weekend, and can only say - it is brilliant.
Yes, there's a bit of a lean, but nothing compared to a car I currently own. I can say it is actually very well planted.

In general, I am really impressed how good this little Jazz is, and it is a gem that is either misunderstood or just overlooked for some reason. Even the engine...yes, it is a bit loud when you push it hard, but on my 450 km trip I needed that kind of acceleration exactly 2 times and it is not something I would need very often. I pushed it harder than usual just to see and hear what the criticism was about. Other than that, driving experience really good.

I achieved 4.1l/100km consumption, not even trying to be "eco", just normal driving as usual.
This included back roads, a bit of city, highway and some steep hills (cause i have some around and would need to go there now and then). "Down" to the seaside consumption was 3.8, going back it was 4.3

Sure, there are some little things that I would do differently if I designed the car, but no car is perfect.
So, returned test car today and am now waiting for the offer/quote :)

Pretty much decided  8)

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2022, 10:24:04 PM »
The Jazz is very sure footed, much more than it looks.
Proving you’re cornering under 80km/h you’ll be surprised how nimble it is :)

Hello,
a curiosity, in the video you can see the car that has a different car radio than the usual one, have you noticed?
I did not understand what it is, I only have the normal screen with the navigator.
(Sorry for the mistakes I used Google translate)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2022, 07:04:06 AM »
In the uk  the two higher trim level models have the  'display audio' (like you have) while the cheapest trim level only has  'colour audio'  . A confusing name as  'colour'   suggests its better than 'display'  but its not.

The Radio in the video looks like its an even cheaper radio option  that  probably only has a black and white display.   Probably only available in Japan and Asian markets, where the Jazz is popular with younger first time buyers  and  sold at the cheapest possible price. Some younger buyers will prefer to fit their own upgraded sound systems.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2022, 08:56:27 AM »
The engine revving noise becomes a non issue when you get used to the car. A moderate throttle squirt is all that's needed to get the car moving fast.
Neil Ives

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2022, 09:56:29 AM »
The Jazz in the video is a 1.5 CVT 131 HP, not an e:HEV! This non-hybrid model is not available in Europe.
If nothing goes right, go left!

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2022, 10:26:50 PM »
The Jazz in the video is a 1.5 CVT 131 HP, not an e:HEV! This non-hybrid model is not available in Europe.

Which means the hybrid with the battery under the back seat/boot will have an even lower centre of gravity.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2022, 03:38:59 AM »
I said that  :D
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2022, 09:31:16 AM »
I said that  :D
And I said it even earlier!  :D

Svashtar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:05 AM »
Huh. When I was at the dealer few days ago, I was telling them what I want and that I have heard about an upcoming facelift version along with RS version which were announced in Japan. They did not know much about it and said if I order it now, it will come as is in the catalog. I was waiting for a quote.

Now, they called me and said the current MY2022 can't be ordered anymore and I was correct in saying there is something new brewing up. They will get some materials in next 14 days or so and call me back with the news and so on.

I've seen a new Jazz mask announced and i think the car is much nicer with it (not the RS, not Crosstar) and I really hope this will be in the new MY2024 for Europe. I've also read they added 10hp - but i am not sure if it is only with RS version (that would be a pity).

Anyways, i am sad i need to wait extra, but generally maybe something good will come out of it :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 10:09:42 AM by Svashtar »

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2022, 10:41:30 AM »
In the uk  the two higher trim level models have the  'display audio' (like you have) while the cheapest trim level only has  'colour audio'  . A confusing name as  'colour'   suggests its better than 'display'  but its not.

The Radio in the video looks like its an even cheaper radio option  that  probably only has a black and white display.   Probably only available in Japan and Asian markets, where the Jazz is popular with younger first time buyers  and  sold at the cheapest possible price. Some younger buyers will prefer to fit their own upgraded sound systems.
Thanks for the reply,
I did not know that there was an even cheaper version than those in Europe.
For a moment I thought it was a tool to measure the test the car was doing (e.g. acceleration, braking or yaw and pitch)

Tags:

anything