Author Topic: Side body trims  (Read 1746 times)

mitchelln

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Hybrid EX
Side body trims
« on: September 26, 2022, 12:22:47 PM »
Hi.

I've got a black EX on order and I'm wondering about adding the side body trims as Honda are offering them discounted.

The body paint option seems a little bit pointless because if the trim gets dinged the the paint will need repairing. Cheaper than a door ding I guess.

So the other option is the soft material trims, but will these look a bit naff or stand out obviously? The car is going to be black, so less noticeable than on another colour I guess? I've found very few pictures of these fitted.

Any thought appreciated.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 12:48:24 PM by mitchelln »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Side body trims
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 01:49:36 PM »
The body trims may not protect very well against dings by rear doors being opened in tight car park spaces as the widest part of the door is higher than the trim level. They may protect against front door dings and this type of incident https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=15139.0 .
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

mitchelln

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 02:22:50 PM »
The body trims may not protect very well against dings by rear doors being opened in tight car park spaces as the widest part of the door is higher than the trim level. They may protect against front door dings and this type of incident https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=15139.0 .
Thanks for that. It's as much for protecting the doors from my kids opening them onto things than others hitting them :)
I'm just concerned they'll look a bit naff against shiny black paint. Absolutely zero pictures of these coming up on web searches except the odd one in Hondo promo material.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 02:24:26 PM by mitchelln »

Deejay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 GR3 Jazz EX Platinum White

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2022, 01:20:47 PM »
They do look the part. I got the Premium Pack (Elegance Floor Carpets, Side Body Trims, Doorstep Garnishes , Bumper Step Protector and Front and Rear Mud Guards) FREE as I didn’t want it but they did it by mistake. My midnight blue last September.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 03:57:03 PM by JJazz »

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2022, 03:39:02 PM »
I have a midnight blue EX Style, and the trims fitted are gloss black. They come as standard on the Style, but only in black, the same as the spoiler and roof. They look OK too.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 07:25:18 PM »
...White ones.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 09:20:48 PM »
Nice... but do I see just a little bit different white than your Premium Sunlight White Pearl?
If nothing goes right, go left!

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 12:05:21 AM »
... Just angle of the light I think.

mitchelln

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2022, 05:17:55 PM »
...White ones.
Yes, there are two versions of the side trims - body colour painted or material ones, which are a softer black only compound.

mitchelln

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »
Picked up our Hybrid Jazz on Saturday. I went for the material side trims in the end and they look pretty good. I didn't opt for one of the ridiculously expensive coloured inserts, so it has a nice Jazz logo instead.

The car is black (and looks very smart I think), but looks midnight blue in the photo!

Tags: