Author Topic: Fitting Jazz mats  (Read 1106 times)

mitchelln

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Hybrid EX
Fitting Jazz mats
« on: October 26, 2022, 02:52:02 PM »
Hi.

I bought a set of mats from Honda Parts as they were literally half the price of having the dealership fit them.
You have to fit the clips into the passenger side carpet. This necessitates removing a couple of trim panels under the glovebox area and door step. I've done this before on my previous vehicles and have the right trim tools, but was wondering if there is anything in particular I need watch out for?

Thanks!

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Fitting Jazz mats
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 03:24:31 PM »
This may help you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mitchelln

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 03:27:07 PM »
This may help you.
Oh brilliant! Thank you. That has just saved me a lot of unnecessary disassembly trying to get the carpet up!  :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 03:32:44 PM by mitchelln »

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 03:34:19 PM »
...I think top notch Ninja are dispatched to your vicinity if you get it wrong  ;D

DERMOT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 SR
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 08:31:06 PM »
Sharp scalpel to cut the (thin) carpet but not the underlay. The tip in the PDF of using screwdriver to hold the clip is good. 

I find that the Honda mats back rubber coating crumbs away under heel rub areas. So lift out the mats when vacuuming

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 04:06:04 AM »
On the Civic the carpet already had 2 slits pre-cut both sides for the plastic grips.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 06:58:56 AM »
I bought my genuine Honda mats on Ebay for about half the dealer price. Sealed packet with Honda part number) They came with two floor clips,  but on my car at least , there were two floor clips already fitted on the drivers side. I dont know if these were factory fitted, or by the dealer  who may have removed mats they had already fitted when I didnt order them.

I didnt bother trying to fit the 'spare' clips  on the passenger side, where mats are less likely to slip, and not a safety issue.  So I now have two spare clips.       (I think Ebay also had the clips available separately ,with their own Honda part number . IIRC about £11 a pair -just for clips  :o  )

I can see that a new installation of  floor clips might need some guidance  but the rest was just common sense. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 07:09:32 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: