Author Topic: Safety Recall  (Read 439992 times)

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
Re: Safety Recall
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2022, 06:24:01 PM »
Letter came today. Software update done 12 days ago. RDMS improved (I think)in urban areas but apart from that no noticeable difference. As it was about camera start up, maybe there have been instances of failure of the camera system, effectively stopping Honda Sensing from working.

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2022, 06:30:08 PM »
Yes, at least 3 times I've had LKAS fail to work properly. Pulling over and restarting the vehicle immediately sorted the issue. So it's an intermittent fault where the camera system simply doesn't pick up the white lines when engaged.

Lurch

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Mk4 Jazz EX Hybrid
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2022, 02:24:58 AM »
Yep, phoned the dealer and they said something about the camera not correctly recognising roadsigns in some Eastern European countries...so not really that Urgent unless you're planning on driving to Eastern Europe

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2022, 08:22:07 AM »
Yep, phoned the dealer and they said something about the camera not correctly recognising roadsigns in some Eastern European countries...so not really that Urgent unless you're planning on driving to Eastern Europe
No, problems with the collision mitigation system for all Jazz, irrespectively from the hand drive.
https://ec.europa.eu/safety-gate-alerts/screen/webReport/alertDetail/10006526

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2022, 09:40:09 AM »
That notice says up to 02/21.

I wonder when my MY22, not shipped into the UK till Aug 21 was first built ?

Must look up a VIN decoder .......
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2022, 09:47:49 AM »
I think this is salesman nonsense  trying to minimise anxiety . My  local dealership has a back log of updates and cant do mine until at least November. (I'm surprised they have sold so many Jazz  ;)

I've driven my (RHD -UK)   Jazz in Eastern Europe   (Bulgaria ,Romania, Hungary , plus Greece and  various other EU countries.)    And I have driven other cars in many other non eu countries such as Serbia,Northern Macedonia  ,Bosnia-Herz, Montenegro.   For the most part the signs are frequently displayed and  exactly the same design as the rest of Europe  and my car had no problem reading them.  If they are there. 

Many countries use alternative methods of denoting where the urban speed limit applies such as a town sign and may not display speed limit roundels.Making the system somewhat redundant.  .
(Jazzik has shown the signs used in Poland on a recent post)   

No update is going to allow the system to read signs that are not there.
 I suppose there might be a few signs where it struggles  Occasionally ,although of the same basic design a no overtaking  sign might show car outlines that look  like they date from the 1930's.  .

There is  a bridge near me  in England that still displays a sign "No charabancs".   I dont suppose it will read that either - fortunately the Jazz is not a Charabanc.  ;D  Whats the betting  Jacob Reese -Mogg will want to replace the international Bus symbol  and revert to  these signs from the 1920's.
 ;D
That said ,my car has displayed conditional speed limits (if its snowing) where there was no actual  sign displayed .I assume a few are programmed in as gps coordinates. Its just possible they are updating these.    But I dont think thats what the recall is all about. I  think you are being fed bovine droppings.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 09:56:36 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2022, 10:02:25 AM »
That notice says up to 02/21.

I wonder when my MY22, not shipped into the UK till Aug 21 was first built ?

Must look up a VIN decoder .......

Maybe this will help: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/recalls-and-updates.html

If nothing goes right, go left!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2022, 11:00:03 AM »
Yep, used that and it shows I'm due a recall but the dealer said no a few weeks ago.

Not fussed, happy to wait. I won't be chasing them.

The bottom line here seems to be we are in extreme danger because we need to use our eyes,  like we used to do, and not rely on the car to stop us hitting something or speeding............words fail me.

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2022, 12:23:36 PM »
I don't appear to have a recall on the Honda site, but my 21 E has M as the 10th character of the VIN which is 2021 according to the decoder site I found, but my Jazz has P as the year which the decoder said was 2023!!

Geoff_W

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Premium Crystal Red Metallic
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 11:28:15 AM »
Has anyone noticed a change to the sensitivity of RDMS since the update? I ask because my wife, who hardly ever used to get RDMS 'prompts', now gets them much more frequently. Just passing parked cars on an urban road where you have to cross the centre dotted line now gives a 'prompt'.

I never get them because I always turn the stupid system off before I drive anywhere.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2022, 11:37:48 AM »
I ask because my wife, who hardly ever used to get RDMS 'prompts', now gets them much more frequently. Just passing parked cars on an urban road where you have to cross the centre dotted line now gives a 'prompt'.

I always got such a "prompt" in that situation. Before the update, and also now, after the update. That's exactly what RDMS is supposed to do.
However, it is easy to avoid such a "prompt": Just indicate before crossing the line.... A good idea anyway, not only to prevent that prompt....
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 01:10:42 PM »
Not only that situation. Cut a corner to smooth the drive and off it goes.

Roundabout on a dual carriageway. You have nothing behind, you can see all exits, no other cars. You are going straight on. Do you stay in lane, which means slowing down more, or do you cut the roundabout corner to straighten your line and allow sooner acceleration ?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2022, 02:09:03 PM »
Not only that situation. Cut a corner to smooth the drive and off it goes.

Roundabout on a dual carriageway. You have nothing behind, you can see all exits, no other cars. You are going straight on. Do you stay in lane, which means slowing down more, or do you cut the roundabout corner to straighten your line and allow sooner acceleration ?
Not sure how a system is expected to know whether you are deliberately straightening bends, or having a snooze. Unless you indicate.

Even a system that monitors your eye  pupil activity can be fooled.   You can lose concentration with your eyes open.   My Daughters Greyound often sleeps with her eyes open . Not that the dog drives much.  too young and impetuous  ;D
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2022, 02:29:36 PM »
So if you're going straight on what do you indicate ?

I really must stop posting about the RDMS that goes against experienced driver logic. Especially as I turn it off so it never wiggles the steering when I deliberately cross a white line to straighten curves. Or when it does the same over some road repairs.

Geoff_W

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Premium Crystal Red Metallic
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2022, 04:35:04 PM »
I ask because my wife, who hardly ever used to get RDMS 'prompts', now gets them much more frequently. Just passing parked cars on an urban road where you have to cross the centre dotted line now gives a 'prompt'.

However, it is easy to avoid such a "prompt": Just indicate before crossing the line....

I don't know about you, but in my urban driving I would be indicating every few seconds as I weave in and out of the parked cars and the clear spaces in between. I'm sure following drivers would wonder why I kept flicking my indicator on and off all the time for no apparent reason.

Tags:

anything