Author Topic: Spec differences, 21My to 22My  (Read 2999 times)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Spec differences, 21My to 22My
« on: September 10, 2021, 11:04:05 AM »
I note several of you guys, held back on the purchase of a new Jazz, waiting for the 22My cars, to come to the market.
Can anyone tell us the differences, IF ANY, in the specs, between 21My to 22MY cars
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 11:38:33 AM by Kenneve »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Spec differences, 21My to 22My
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 11:27:42 AM »
Unless anyone has driven a MY21 for some time then got a MY22 it's going to be impossible to tell.

All I know is that all the changes are under the skin so nothing visible.
Let's be careful out there !

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 01:00:03 PM »
The 21 I road tested had software problems;  the lane assist crashed every time it triggered. On my  22 it's OK.
Neil Ives

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 01:20:05 PM »
The 21 I road tested had software problems;  the lane assist crashed every time it triggered. On my  22 it's OK.

What do you mean by "crashed"? I've had no such problems with my MY21.

guest9814

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 02:07:52 PM »
 this system crashes when set to narrow  or standard settings. I set it to wide - now it not crashes and not tries to stear every second in town.

nowster

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 02:10:42 PM »
this system crashes when set to narrow  or standard settings. I set it to wide - now it not crashes and not tries to stear every second in town.

Define "crash". Do you get a message coming up saying "software error, restarting" or similar?

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 02:25:07 PM »
'Crash' might be confused with the normal function of it switching off automatically.

It's designed so that if you ignore several warnings close together it shuts down for a few minutes. It hasn't crashed, just realised that you might be 'making progress'

I used to get this when I first got my car, now that I am more in tune with what it is looking for when it comes to lane departure it rarely happens.

If you very slowly/smoothly position yourself towards the edge of a lane for a better view/line it thinks you have drifted off to sleep and are going to continue the move right off the road.

But if you take a more active role in steering then it doesn't set off the warning.

I used to get the shutdown/'crash' in the same place - one is a series of complex roundabouts with multiple lanes, the other a very windy road section up a hill.

Without several warnings close together the system won't disable itself for a few minutes automatically.

guest9814

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 02:26:06 PM »
System shutting down temporary, then back to life after maybe 5 minutes of ride, that system simple can’t recognise road sides correctly and tries to correct car position on road without success, then shutting down.
That happens on road with one lane to each direction with borders of road that not painted so basically have same colour as road and side of road where pedestrians can walk.
I drive to this road straight in lane not lean to any side of it, but get several warnings and system shut down.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 02:35:22 PM »
The normal function of the system temporary shutting down is not very clear in the manual at all unless you really know what you are looking for (P479 in my manual):

"If the system operates several times without detecting driver response, the system beeps to alert you.

After that, the Road Departure Mitigation steering assist is temporarily stopped...

After a few minutes, the system is fully restored.
"

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 03:00:49 PM »
I'm turning RDMS off.

On my way back from picking up the car I overtook a parked lorry. Nothing behind me and nothing coming the other way. I didn't see the point in indicating so I just drifted out to pass and as I crossed the centre line the steering wheel wobbled a bit. I assume this was RDMS.

I doubt I'll ever use LKAS either.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 03:16:53 PM »
Before I bought my car I'd intended to switch off the warning myself, but on the EX if you use the indicators and something creeps into your blind spot you also get beeps to warn you as well as the light on the mirror.

LKAS isn't much use so far, I've tried it on several journeys but it's too sensitive and keeps weaving slightly from side to side.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 04:14:57 PM »
2015 and 2018 Jazz have the same boot size but a small increase in length:

https://www.automobiledimension.com/car-comparison.php

nowster

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 04:58:59 PM »
In previous generations like mk3 , did they improve boot or seat space from a year to another?

The Mk4's boot is fractionally less deep, with an awkward little step in it. I used to be able to fit two collapsible crates side-by-side in the Mk2 boot, but not in the Mk4 one.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 10:09:37 PM »

What do you mean by "crashed"? I've had no such problems with my MY21.
In the demo car, every time the lane assist triggered a notice appeared on the speedo display area afterwards to say it was not available at the moment. After some minutes the lane assist was re-enabled. I didn't understand this behaviour. I mentioned it to the salesman; he had no sensible explanation. When I got the new car I told the salesman that my car didn't have the same issue; he said that the 2022 car had some bugs fixed, (or words to that effect).

Since I bought my car I saw a review of the Jazz on YouTube where the chap complained about the Lane Assist software crashing. I then understood the strange behaviour.

UPDATE:
I just read some earlier posts about this issue. It seems the system is designed to shut down if too many triggers take place. I've not experienced that with my own car maybe I've just got used to it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 10:14:52 PM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 10:22:27 PM »
I'm turning RDMS off.

On my way back from picking up the car I overtook a parked lorry. Nothing behind me and nothing coming the other way. I didn't see the point in indicating so I just drifted out to pass and as I crossed the centre line the steering wheel wobbled a bit. I assume this was RDMS.

I doubt I'll ever use LKAS either.
If you'd used the signal it wouldn't have happened, also depends on the speed you're going and how prominent the white line is

Tags:

anything