Author Topic: Auto lights  (Read 7394 times)

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
Auto lights
« on: September 02, 2021, 10:23:08 AM »
Is there any way to turn this feature off
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 10:24:59 AM by Jeff15 »

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Auto lights
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 11:12:59 AM »
I think you can only have sidelights, dipped lights or auto.

Off position switch on the stalk works when you are parked, but as soon as you put the car out of park the lights turn on again.

I’d like to be able to have the lights turn off automatically as soon as I turn the car off, but it seems that the only way to turn them off is to open the drivers door and close it after you.

In settings I have light delay set to 0 seconds but there isn’t an option to turn them off instantly.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 11:45:39 AM »
I'd like to have full control over my dipped beam.

I think I posted earlier that I nearly had a 'coming together' when I entered a tree tunnel, auto headlights came on, and another driver thought I'd flashed him to pull out.

I will be disabling auto high beam though, again, I want control.
Let's be careful out there !

Jeff15

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 12:29:30 PM »
I have to try and sort this its getting on my nerves...

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 01:32:25 PM »

I think I posted earlier that I nearly had a 'coming together' when I entered a tree tunnel, auto headlights came on, and another driver thought I'd flashed him to pull out.

I will be disabling auto high beam though, again, I want control.

Auto High Beam can be turned ON/OFF in the Vehicles Settings > Lighting set-up > Auto High Beam via the audio centre display.

Default is ON

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 01:35:36 PM »

If you assert full beam once using the stalk, the automatic feature turns off for that drive.

Alternatively, the feature can be turned off permanently in the settings as described above.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 01:42:42 PM »
Is there any way to turn this feature off

As mentioned above while the vehicle is driving Auto light function can only be overridden by either parking lights or headlight switch position, they will otherwise respond to the ambient light sensor.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »
I need a pre-flight checklist of things I want off but come on at each powerup, and how to do it. :)
Let's be careful out there !

Zaier

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV 2020 Executive
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 09:54:04 AM »
As other stated, you can only disable the automatic high beam on the infotainment menu.
The lever OFF is a temporary position to switch off light when in P mode, I use it when I want to stay inside the car with AC ON.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2021, 10:52:21 AM »
Kremmen,
If you want a REAL pr-flight check, try the Mitsubiishi PHEV. Resets  everything to default, every time you turn the ignition off. PAIN IN THE Rse. That was one reason I got rid of it after only 6 months!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Jeff15

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2021, 11:09:19 AM »
Oh how I wish it was like the old days when you unlocked the car with a key, the same key turned on the ignition, lights had to be switched on and off, in gear and away you go no problems.. 8)

guest4871

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 11:16:48 AM »
Oh how I wish it was like the old days when you unlocked the car with a key, the same key turned on the ignition, lights had to be switched on and off, in gear and away you go no problems.. 8)

+1

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2021, 12:56:34 PM »
However, there are plenty of people out there (usually driving black or grey cars) that don't realise that lights have two functions: to help the driver see and also to help others see the vehicle. LED DRLs are fine but don't yet include having rear lights so a vehicle without lights turned on can be difficult to see from behind.

While the forward-looking ambient light sensor in the Mk 4 Jazz is much better than the upward-looking sensor on the Mk 3 (often triggered by overbridges and trees), it's not clever enough to realise that it needs to turn the lights on when driving towards the setting sun.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2021, 01:21:15 PM »
However, there are plenty of people out there (usually driving black or grey cars) that don't realise that lights have two functions: to help the driver see and also to help others see the vehicle. LED DRLs are fine but don't yet include having rear lights so a vehicle without lights turned on can be difficult to see from behind.

While the forward-looking ambient light sensor in the Mk 4 Jazz is much better than the upward-looking sensor on the Mk 3 (often triggered by overbridges and trees), it's not clever enough to realise that it needs to turn the lights on when driving towards the setting sun.

Just shows that the dumbest human can be better than the smartest computer program, and that is what I hate about all the useless automation on vehicles.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jeff15

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2021, 01:42:12 PM »
Just shows that the dumbest human can be better than the smartest computer program

Absolutely...... 8)

Tags:

anything