Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Auto parking etc.
« Last post by Kremmen on November 28, 2022, 09:43:29 AM »
I've never had or used auto parking.

I would assume that when parking in a garage for example it would park dead centre ?

If so, no use to me as I need to aim to be closer to the passenger side wall to allow my door to open enough to let me out without a squeeze. Plus, I have a mark on the garage wall where I line up my passenger door mirror so I have about 6" at the front and therefore max round the back.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Reversing Camera alignment
« Last post by Neil Ives on November 28, 2022, 09:07:10 AM »
I've started 'Auto parking etc' in Off Topic
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Auto parking etc.
« Last post by Neil Ives on November 28, 2022, 09:05:08 AM »
Having driven my employers vans for many years I am confident in rear parking using just mirrors. It makes sense in a supermarket to park with the rear of the car accessable.

Yes, driving rapidly through a car park is unacceptable. Mind you, letting your kids loose to run from the car to the shop is pretty damn stupid.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Auto parking etc.
« Last post by Neil Ives on November 28, 2022, 08:52:14 AM »
My previous car was a BMW Series 1; the latest, front wheel drive model. I miss some of the cars features.
The car had self parking, both parallel and end-on. I didn't need to use SP but it was fun to show passengers the steering wheel whizzing around all by itself.
The car also had head-up display: The speed or navigation turns were projected onto the windscreen so they appeared to be hovering above the bonnet.
Another nicety was automatic seat and exterior mirror settings for each of the keys. My wife and I have to constantly reset the seat and mirrors.

After owning the Beema for a year we decided it was not the right car for our us;  we traded it in for the Jazz.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Windscreen Washer Fault
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on November 28, 2022, 08:13:46 AM »
On many cars the front and rear washers use the same washer bottle and pump,and may share a filter   ,often in the bottom of the washer bottle.   When using the rear washer  the switch reverses the polarity  so the pump runs backwards.  A one way valve  reacts to the change of flow direction  and diverts it to the rear of the car. The valve may be part of the pump rather than separate. 

It could be as Jocko suggests a faulty electrical switch. So its worth checking the polarity  going to the pump.  It might indeed be reversed and the pump is actually running backwards.   . But it might be that the pump/one way valve is  clogged  or faulty and sometimes allowing water to go where it shouldn't oughter  .

I once had a similar problem on my Corsa.  The washer bottle was clogged with slime.  I managed to clear the filter by repeated flushing the bottle out using a hose pipe.   I was then able to unclog  the pump  by  using a  length of pipe to alternately suck and blow water directly into the pump by lung power  . If you try this  be very careful not to get actual washer fluid into your mouth.  Its noxious both from screenwash ingredients and possible algae growth. I avoided this by using a long enough  length of clear pipe,that I  could monitor it was only the fresh water I had filled the pipe with that could reach my mouth. Using a squeezy bottle of fluid might be a better alternative. Or a large syringe such as a turkey baster to alternately suck and blow water flow.  But probably best to avoid using powerful air lines etc.   I was also  aided by the fact  I couldnt disconnect the pipe at the pump end due to fancy connectors.  But I  found a pipe join near the wipers   that was easy to disconnect  and I reverse flushed through part of the cars pipework as well.   In fact my first action was to blow the screen fluid remaining  in the pipe down towards the pump.  This action alone might have been enough to have unclogged the pump, especially if its just debris  jamming the  valve. And it may be an easy diy job that only takes seconds  so nothing to lose by giving it a try first.
I did spend quite a long time doing the whole job .   If you have to pay a mechanic it may be better to look for a good  used replacements rather than spending time on a solution that may not work. 
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Jazz 1.3 suitable ?
« Last post by Glosrich on November 28, 2022, 07:56:22 AM »
It's all academic really until you get out and drive one.
The Jazz 1.3 feels a bit sluggish unless you rev it out and get into the VTEC zone, and it does struggle with steep hills. Ride is a bit hard also.
It's suitable for short journeys, not a lot more tbh.
40 miles a day, I'd be looking at another Civic or maybe a Corolla.
Also the Jazz is relatively expensive for what it is, as.it is loved by our retired brethren, keeping the values up.
Larger cars are relatively cheaper and better value.
I only paid £8k for my 2016, and that's a lot really, any more I just don't see the point.
We tried a Yaris, they are small inside and for drivers under 6 foot as the steering wheel doesn't move up much.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Jazz 2018 SE Water in Driver Side footwell !
« Last post by Glosrich on November 28, 2022, 07:47:41 AM »
Those circle door grommets are outside of the door seals, so won't be leaking.
As I mentioned it's likely to be the windscreen or the plastic sheet behind the door trims leaking in.
You really need to get the hose pipe on the windscreen area and see if it leaks in, and the passenger door maybe also.
Lay some toilet roll around the inside of the car near the doors to see where it is coming in, the toilet roll will be wet.
The Aircon drain would never create that much water, do you even use the Aircon?

It's not been unknown for Cazoo to supply cars that have had accident damage, so maybe it's been badly repaired, did you do a car vertical check for accident damage before buying?
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on November 28, 2022, 07:19:32 AM »
OK getting back to the OP's topic  for now.   Sorry I dont  know of any way to calibrate the lines.  Or even if the dealer can do so.

But apart from trying different camera view modes   could it also be due to whether you have the camera set for  fixed guidelines that dont move   or dynamic guidelines that bend  as you turn the steering?  Page  519 of the Jazz online manual.     Is it possible that you have mistaken a line that is in fact slightly curved,or straight but not quite parallel with the car ( as it would be with fixed guidelines ) due to slight movement on the steering?

It might be worth switching between  fixed and dynamic to see if the accuracy of the guidelines  changes.  Or in an empty parking bay  try and replicate the inaccuracy with slight steering movements.  Anyone seeing you shunting backwards and forwards experimenting will think you mad of course, so give them a  :P

This dynamic movement ,and probably other sytems on the car such as power steering, would require a sensor to detect the relative position of the steering wheel. Unlikely but its just possible this steering sensor is out of calibration and showing steering (and thus the reversing guidelines )  as straight ahead when its actually not quite true.  .  If you have eliminated other possibilities it might be worth having a word with the  dealer.   
Honda & Other Honda Models / Re: Which extras and Luxuries are worth having.
« Last post by Jazzik on November 27, 2022, 11:34:39 PM »
Most "yes" things such as reversing camera and heated steering wheel have already been mentioned here, but what made the difference for me to choose the EX were the blind spot information system and the cross traffic monitor.
« Last post by Expatman on November 27, 2022, 10:37:20 PM »
It appears that in some parts of the USA it's against the law to reverse park and I don't know why.
Not all states require front number plates and many of the roads in american towns and cities are very wide  with parking perpendicular to the sidewalk.  It is a requirement to drive into a space so the back of the vehicle faces the road.  This allows any police car cruising along to read the licence plates. 

In the USA the pavement is the road surface.
Having lived in Maryland USA for 13 years most parking lots had a “Heads In” sign and many had angled parking in a one way line so it was dead easy to pull in head first and easy to reverse out because cars were only coming one way and you were at the right angle while reversing to spot approaching cars. Spaces were bigger as well! What I can’t understand is why people reverse into a parking bay at supermarkets etc., they then have to unload their trolley at the front of the car and carry all their shopping bags down between their car and the one parked next to it. Usually banging both cars with their bags and also cleaning the sides of both cars with their coats as they manoeuvre through the narrow gap!
I once asked a man who reversed in next to me why he did that and made loading his shopping more difficult, he didn’t answer but his wife with him said to me -- “it’s because he is an idiot who rarely does any shopping”.  I’ve never had a problem reversing out of a parking bay and generally you are parking in a carpark where drivers should be driving at no more than 5 MPH anyway. Actually that’s another thing about the USA they were red-hot on people speeding (>5mph) in car parks. Children walking from their car to the store are not always concentrating and it was other drivers responsibility to drive safely in the circumstances. Some drivers here seem to think that the driving lanes on car parks are main roads and can be driven on at main road speeds. Why???
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]