Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Ckp relearn
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:42:56 PM »
CKP just refers to CranK Position. Don't ask!
I picked up a piece of scrap metal in my Mark 2 2012 Jazz. Gashed a hole in tyre sidewall 80 miles from home.. Fortunately I have a space saver spare wheel in the boot for such occurrence as the "glue" would not work.. Drove home on M6 at 50mph.
 I needed a new tyre.

Lucky me to have bought a spare.
Good solution.

Glad to see you have bolted it down, stop it escaping in an emergency braking situation.

Ironically the lack of a spare is for less weight and emissions and gives you the 30 road tax.
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 05:27:50 PM »
Not sure what the initials stand for  but its basically a sensor that detects the exact position of the crankshaft (engine) rotation so the spark plugs are fired at exactly the right moment.  Similar in effect to the old fashioned  timing lights used to check ignition timing  using a strobe light except it sends a signal to the ECU  which can constantly alter timing to maintain maximum efficiency  in all circumstances.     OP needs a reader that can communicate with the ecu and reset the calibration.   Sorry I dont know of any.

In the good old days  (1920's )  the driver could manually alter the ignition advance and retard  using a lever on the steering wheel ,often while driving, until  you could feel the engine was running better. You made regular alterations as the ideal setting varied with circumstances. They often had a second  lever operating as a hand throttle  - cruise control!       Then ,until 1980's  timing was altered automatically  using spinning bobs in the  distributor  - a bit like those spinning regulators on steam engines.   The results were a bit of a compromise.      Now technology has finally caught up with the 1920's.   ;D .
more about saving weight to meet continuous EU reductions in co2 emissions  ::)
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 04:28:03 PM »
Hi
Got a jazz 2003 that needs a ckp relearn.
I have  think diag bluetooth UK unit  that doesn't  support this.
Anybody know of an inexpensive scan tool that will do this.

Cheers ian
Excuse my ignorance but what's a CKP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Wil

Hope you have many good years motoring with your new upgrade.
I put together a similar support for my spare wheel.
I think it should be a legal requirement for all car manufacturers to provide a spare wheel and tools like in the past. The rubber sealant method they supply instead to me is not fit for purpose, and it is another way of cutting their costs instead giving their customers the best service. It is all about THEM.
"Honda- the power of dreams" !!!!!!!
Sorry, rant over!

Enjoy your new car, Sir

Phil
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / New MK3 EX CVT Owner - Spare wheel solution
« Last post by wil on Today at 03:11:50 PM »
Hi Everyone, Just upgraded my ageing 18 year old MK1 CVT to a lovely low mileage MK3 1.3 i-VTEC EX CVT 2017, registered just before 31st March 2017 so it qualifies for the low 30 / year tax  :)

A marked improvement coming from the MK1, love all the electronic safety gadgets and other standard options which comes with the EX model.

Throttle response is quite different from my old MK1 even my wife commented on this.  It seems like the first 50% travel is tuned for economy, it all changes when you floor it pass the kick-down switch though.  I find that using the paddles in S-mode gets the best of the engine.  My old MK1 1.4 i-DSI had more mid-range punch whereas the MK3 1.3 i-VTEC has a lot more top end power.

I managed to bag myself a cheap full-sized 6Jx15" alloy plus a jack\wrench from a MK1 as a spare and spent the afternoon crafting a wooden support for the flimsy cardboard boot floor cover.  The front section is fully supported by the wheel but the wheel slopes downwards towards the rear, the wooden support to the rear (not shown in pic) is able to slide under the gap of the rear seats which provides a perfect anchoring point of the whole wooden support, the wooden battens has to be no more than 10mm thick in order for it to slide under.  It's not a pretty site but it does the job perfectly, I'd managed to put the jack\tools etc around the outside or inside of the wheel stuffed with bubble wrap to stop rattling around, the other option would be to spend over 100 from Honda for a piece of hard foam insert to suit a full-size spare wheel.
Glosrich

You may have missed my replies (see reply #29) that I have checked the pollen filter behind the glove box. I took it out and it was dry as a bone and clean as I put a new one in this Spring.

I am booking in the car with a garage. I am not a car enthusiast and I am more safer getting someone with the better skills to look at it further as December is not a good time to take car to bits!  If it was summer I might have had a go taking off the pillar trim, but I'd sooner pay than risk things!

Regards
Can you remove cover over the pillar and have a look in there.

It is the drivers side you said, some answers here seem to refer to passenger side.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything