Author Topic: New warning noise  (Read 5125 times)

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
New warning noise
« on: July 07, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
My wife had a new one in her MK3 Jazz today. A melodic Bong, like a door bell or tuning fork. It started when she pulled onto the main road and was intermittent. It stopped when the car was stopped then started again when she set off. There were no warning messages or lights on the dash. Anyone know what this could be?

She had her seatbelt on and checked the handbrake was off properly.

la14oldie

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 3 SE Navi CVT
Re: New warning noise
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 07:01:17 AM »
Hi there! Is your wife's car a Navi? I had exactly the same "bong" and it turned out to be the satnav. The bong occurs when the status of the traffic warning information changes. For example moving from green to amber. To be sure, test whether the bong occurs when there is no destination set in the satnav. If it does, then I'm wrong. But it's worth a try!

Paulwhitt20

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 05:18:40 PM »
Hi,  yes it is the Navi but the satnav is usually turned off. After 25 years she knows the way to work....

May be the traffic updates or something.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 05:55:01 AM »
Just an outside possibility, but has the speed limit warning inadvertently been activated? My partner is always doing this in her Mk2 and it chimes whenever the preset speeds are reached. Not sure if this is still relevant on Mk3 - I will look at my car later to check.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 09:04:20 AM »
I have activated these (accidentally) both on the MKII and Civic as they are in same area as the reset / re-calibration of the TPMS, I managed to turn them on while looking for reset.  It is 30 or 50 in a circle (like a speed limit road sign) when they are off they have a diagonal line across the 30 or 50 (like a de-restriction road sign).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 09:49:05 AM »
Just an outside possibility, but has the speed limit warning inadvertently been activated? My partner is always doing this in her Mk2 ...
I have activated these (accidentally) both on the MKII and Civic...
I can't comment on the Civic or Mk 2, but on the Mk 3 the speed limit warning flashes up a very obvious visual message in the RH dashboard multi-function display at the same time as the chime, and the OP did state originally that his mystery noise was not accompanied by any warning messages.

Something I've had a couple of times is a driver's seat belt warning - again this does give you a warning light so may not be the OP's problem - even though I'm wearing the belt and it looks and feels to be securely buckled-up. Easily resolved by unfastening and refastening. I'm putting this down to a faulty electrical contact, it's on the list for attention at the first service.

Tags:

anything