Author Topic: Has anyone had a 2006-2011 Civic? How does it Compares against Jazz?  (Read 1134 times)

tomreys

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz
I have mk1 Jazz and Mk2 Jazz, Awesome Super reliable cars even at  high milages, However driving them on Motorway at 70mph Just feels scary ,the revs go crazy to maintain that speed and there's just not enough power for motorway driving.

Has anyone had that age Civic here? How does it compares against Jazz for this sort of stuff?
Also How reliable are they compared to a Jazz of the same age specially with the 2.2cdti engines, once they have higher milages, let's say 130k+ , There's really nothing that has gone wrong with my now 200k mile Mk1 Jazz that I have had now almost for a decade, can diesel civics do the same?

Need to find a car for someone and I can't really recommend Jazz for Comfortable Drive on Motorway at high speeds.

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
Re: Has anyone had a 2006-2011 Civic? How does it Compares against Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 02:56:31 PM »
I have a mk2 CVT jazz.

On the motorway it barely does 3k.

No sign of over revving

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 03:02:42 PM »
We have a 1.8 Civic and mk2 Jazz in the house, the Jazz is much better on fuel, I really notice that when time comes to fill up.  Civic is more sporty, more power all the way and very stable on motorways ( does not get blown around by sidewinds and 'bow waves' off big trucks,  also a nice footrest by the clutch pedal, which the Jazz does not really have,  and of course MK2 jazz has 5 gears and Civic has 6.  Strangely at 70 on motorway Civic doing pretty much the same RPM as Jazz ( about 3200 ) - they missed a trick with 6th gear not to make it more of an overdrive for more relaxed cruising.  The dash design on Civic and Jazz could not be more different - the Jazz is messy with tiny little buttons in odd places, that Civic is wonderful, bigger controls, much better placed and more intuitive, and within easy reach and of course the digital speedometer - which is magic.

You are lower down in the Civic and have to keep telling rear seat occupiers to mind their heads on the way in and out of car.  Rear armrest is great in Civic,  and you have much better centre console cubby holes,  and the door pockets don't try to cut your fingers off when putting stuff in and out.   The Jazz is much easier to get in and out of and the interior much lighter and airier feeling, my wife can sometimes struggle to get out of Civic - especially if parked close to kerb.  The Honda engines are always mega-reliable whether petrol or diesel - but there is no doubt the Civic is much thirstier than Jazz ( or maybe it is just the way I drive Civic,  and when in Jazz her indoors is probably in with me - she kindly lets me drive whenever we go anywhere together ( LOL ) but in the Civic on my own ...... ( well its good to give the engine a blast every so often ).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 04:34:00 PM »
I find my Mk1 Jazz sits well at 70 mph on the motorway. Mind you, they are not that busy up here and only dual carriageway for the most part. Revs barely audible with my DSi powered buggy.

eagle123

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 se gd series
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 03:15:40 PM »
I had a mk 1 jazz and now have a 2.2 civic ex
No comparision the civic is better on motorway doing 60 mph the revs are 1800 rpm on 6th gear 2100 rpm doing 70 mph again on 6th gear.
Economy wise again civic better u have to spend double on the jazz.
The civic is more roomier have the ssme magic seats as the jazz.
Basically a bigger car the jazz with the idsi engine has very similar characteristics as the deisel civic.
Reliabilty wise civic wins i had 2 jazzes both suffered abs failure.
Civic just wear and tear items in the end it up to u to what kind of car u want

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 04:29:44 PM »
I had a mk 1 jazz and now have a 2.2 civic ex
No comparision the civic is better on motorway doing 60 mph the revs are 1800 rpm on 6th gear 2100 rpm doing 70 mph again on 6th gear.
Economy wise again civic better u have to spend double on the jazz.
The civic is more roomier have the ssme magic seats as the jazz.
Basically a bigger car the jazz with the idsi engine has very similar characteristics as the deisel civic.
Reliabilty wise civic wins i had 2 jazzes both suffered abs failure.
Civic just wear and tear items in the end it up to u to what kind of car u want

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You are comparing a 2200cc Turbo Diesel with a non-turbo 1335cc petrol,  not really fair.  Funny how the Jazz always does better than the Civic in reliability stats...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 08:09:38 AM »
I'm doing a lot more motorway miles than I expected in my Mk1 and it's not enjoyable. It may be heresy but a Hyundai i20 looks tempting.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Tags:

anything