Author Topic: CVT filter and radio code  (Read 4432 times)

rich1608

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
CVT filter and radio code
« on: February 17, 2024, 03:24:15 PM »
Hello

I have a 2007 Jazz with the CVT transmission. I got the car from a Honda main dealer in 2017 with 34k miles on the clock. The dealer did a gearbox service which I guess involved changing the fluid and filter(s) - or was it? The car has now done 55k miles and so is due a fluid and filter change again which I want to do myself but I can't find a filter to change. There is no sump to remove as such so there can't be one in there. I have seen photos and videos of an inline filter in the fluid cooler lines which is usually located on top of the gearbox under the battery tray but there isn't one on my car. What I have found is an ominous-looking diagram (see attached) showing a filter located deep within the gearbox which can only be changed by taking the gearbox out the car and stripping it right down, well that's not going to happen! Is this how my car is i.e. all I can do is change the fluid?

One other thing, where the service book should have the radio code it says 'N/A'. Does my radio have a code and if so, why isn't it in the book?

Thanks in advance
Richard

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Re: CVT filter and radio code
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 06:10:36 PM »

doesn't look like filter used

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 06:21:52 PM »
Only the CVT fluid is changed according to service manual.

Never realised there was an internal filter.  I retrieved attached image from parts-honda.uk confirming your own findings.

There is no radio code on 2007 Jazz.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 06:28:12 PM by bill888 »
2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

rich1608

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 06:28:29 PM »
Thanks for your replies. I'll change the CVT fluid and will use genuine Honda CVT fluid for the refill.

Tags: