Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 812 times)

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
First Impressions
« on: May 29, 2020, 06:44:20 PM »
Not had the Jazz long but first impressions are good.
It seems to be well screwed together and it's easy to drive. Access is good and there's plenty of room in it, even with the drivers seat well back there's more than enough room for rear passengers. The boot easily takes my wifes wheelchair without the need to fold any rear seats.
Would have liked a spare wheel in the boot, but solved that by buying a space saver myself which easily fits in the boot well but does stand slightly proud.
It might not be as quick off the mark as some others (probably due to the lack of a turbo) but it's ok for me and if I use the revs then it makes good progress, engine can be a bit noisy at high revs though.
Drives well on the motorway and at 70mph the rpm is around 3000, I think a longer sixth gear would be nice so it would be closer to 2000rpm and probably quieter, gearbox works well and gears are easy to select.
Braking is good with it's all around discs and the ride seems fine.
On my first motorway drive the tyre deflation warning light came on.
All seemed ok so I reset it and it's been ok since.
You do get a lot of standard equipment on the car, I need to read the manual to see how it all works and find out what the various alarms are.
So at the moment I'm happy with the car and as things stand I would buy another, hopefully I'll still think the same when it's time to buy another car.

It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 08:04:44 PM »
On my first motorway drive the tyre deflation warning light came on.
Seems a common problem with the Jazz. Glad you are enjoying your new acquisition.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 10:06:15 AM »
One of the advantages of the CVT is that revs are generally lower when not accelerating or hill-climbing.  Good luck with reading the manual - even in lock-down I think there are better ways of spending time!

Derkie54

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 11:19:59 AM »
Lol.....only reading the bit about speed alarms  :)
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Tags:

anything