Author Topic: Palladium prices and Cats  (Read 3737 times)

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: Palladium prices and Cats
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 07:51:16 AM »
My son's girlfriend is using my 2005 Jazz SE and as she drove off today the exhaust sounded blowy. I am going to have to see if the cat has gone when she gets back.

My exhaust suddenly started blowing on Sunday and that was the first thing I checked too.

It wasn't, just the midsection failed where a bracket was attached. £85 fitted seemed reasonable for the replacement.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 09:01:14 AM »
I don't think it will deter them, it may just catch an image the police can use. I don't park in car parks, other than my local supermarket where I park under the CCTV. I always park as close to the kerb as I can and the car is never left for long as I don't need to park for long. My car is normally garaged.
The few incidents that have been reported locally have all been in long term parking areas such as railway stations and hospitals.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 09:39:09 AM »
My son's girlfriend is using my 2005 Jazz SE and as she drove off today the exhaust sounded blowy. I am going to have to see if the cat has gone when she gets back.

It won't just sound 'a bit blowy'  it will sound as if WW3 has started under the car,  had an exhaust fail in the past before the first box and there is no way you can ever mistake that sound.......
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 01:12:41 PM »

It won't just sound 'a bit blowy'  it will sound as if WW3 has started under the car,  had an exhaust fail in the past before the first box and there is no way you can ever mistake that sound.......

Yep. I had a MK1 for a short while and the box went at the join. Sounded more like a Chieftain tank, albeit the early version with the dreadful Leyland engine that kept breaking down on manouevres. Usual MOD pencil neck price shortcutting to save precious beans for their Xmas bonus while our boys training in the frontline were reduced to thumbing a lift back to camp.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 02:44:23 PM »
I don't think it will deter them, it may just catch an image the police can use.

It would be nice to think so, thieving scallywags.  >:(

I don't park in car parks, other than my local supermarket where I park under the CCTV. I always park as close to the kerb as I can and the car is never left for long as I don't need to park for long. My car is normally garaged.
The few incidents that have been reported locally have all been in long term parking areas such as railway stations and hospitals.

I think that's the best you can do, it will put the majority off. The few remaining that don't care about any of that, well, you're not going to stop them anyway.

I might still go the rebar down the front pipe route, when the weather improves. It will stop those equipped with the manual exhaust pipe cutters dead in their tracks, which must be the vast majority of them.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 03:24:04 PM »
Last night there were three Ford Fiestas stolen from Tranent and Musselburgh. Not old ones, but 16 and 17 plate vehicles. Makes worries about cat thefts pale a little.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »
Last night there were three Ford Fiestas stolen from Tranent and Musselburgh. Not old ones, but 16 and 17 plate vehicles. Makes worries about cat thefts pale a little.

Keyless entry strikes again......
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 06:26:18 PM »
Just ordered one from Amazon. Thanks.
It arrived this afternoon and is currently on charge. It will be great with the i-pod as well, as it keeps going flat before I get to Danderhall and back, unless I unplug one of my gadgets and plug the i-pod in (Gadgets: Dash cam, sat nav, GPS speedometer).

guest4871

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2020, 09:47:04 PM »
It arrived this afternoon and is currently on charge. It will be great with the i-pod as well, as it keeps going flat before I get to Danderhall and back, unless I unplug one of my gadgets and plug the i-pod in (Gadgets: Dash cam, sat nav, GPS speedometer).

And yet you achieve the MPG that you do  :D

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2020, 07:42:30 AM »
And yet you achieve the MPG that you do  :D
That is because of my final gadget, my ScanGauge E which plugs into the OBD port.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2020, 10:06:28 PM »

I bought a 13Ah one a year or two back, about the size of a fag packet. It's been invaluable, and the other half pinches it when she goes hiking.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:42:29 AM by sparky Paul »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2020, 07:49:16 AM »
I got a 20Ah. About the size of a Smart phone.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2020, 08:44:15 AM »

20Ah is enormous really, I can't see a dashcam taking a great deal.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2020, 08:46:08 AM »
was it this one ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poweradd-Portable-Universal-External-Red-Black/dp/B00XVTJKCQ/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?keywords=poweradd%2B20%2Bamp%2Bpower%2Bbank&qid=1579768574&sr=8-4-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFaWDQ5M1o2WDg4REkmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2MzE2MzlLNVg1NjFMMlJUUFMmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDIyMDA5MTJIN0NKQU85RzRCTkMmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

I use powerbank to use my car satnav when walking - it does 'off road' ( straight line between where your are and where you are trying to go ) - normally know where I am going when out hill walking but the weather can close in so fast and leave you in thick fog / cloud - also useful to get a position co-ordinate if you need emergency services - my present power banks are smaller than this one ( 2.5Ah ) as I have had them donkeys years - probably about time I upgraded as the price has come down a lot now.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2020, 10:00:12 AM »

20Ah is enormous really, I can't see a dashcam taking a great deal.

According to manual pwer requirement of 312GW is 1.5amps at 5 volts  and the 3.7V 450mAh internal battery is good for 30 minutes of recording - so looks like it needs more than you would expect - whether the power is for the GPS chip or just the video chip / processing bit I don't know.

https://cdn.nextbase.com/nextbase-en-gb/2018/06/NBDVR312GW-Instruction-Manual-English-R7.pdf

Tags:

anything