Author Topic: Facelift  (Read 5014 times)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Facelift
« on: May 11, 2017, 02:56:58 PM »
https://paultan.org/2017/05/11/honda-reveals-fitjazz-facelift-in-japan-june-launch/
Official images from Japan, will be avaiable in June in JDM.

Pumpkin

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: None yet
Re: Facelift
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 03:44:42 PM »
I can't tell from the photos if the touch screen is gone. Fingers crossed.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 05:26:25 PM »

.......and I hope they've reintroduced a manual choke and crash gearbox..... ;D ;D

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 05:56:37 PM »

.......and I hope they've reintroduced a manual choke and crash gearbox..... ;D ;D

some things are progress, but some not.......................  screen should be for info only,  not something else to fiddle with while driving  - I would not think it is at all safe to put heating / ventilation / aircon / radio etc (the kind of stuff you need to adjust while driving) onto a touch screen that you really need to keep looking at and finding buttons.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/hiding-basic-car-controls-in-a-touchscreen-is-stupid-and-distracting/

Also being able to access stuff you should not be able to see when you are driving...............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3796072/New-cars-death-traps-Campaigners-say-touchscreen-technology-allows-drivers-check-Facebook-Twitter-wheel-lead-rise-deaths.html
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 06:08:25 PM »
I do agree actually......basic controls and Facebook have absolutely no place on the Touchscreen. Radio and CD are not good either.

What I do like using the Screen for is as an auxiliary instrument panel, fuel consumption, clock etc. I only use mine for the fuel display which I select before setting off.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 10:18:26 PM »
some things are progress, but some not.......................  screen should be for info only,  not something else to fiddle with while driving  - I would not think it is at all safe to put heating / ventilation / aircon / radio etc (the kind of stuff you need to adjust while driving) onto a touch screen that you really need to keep looking at and finding buttons.
The HR-V has a touch panel (below the main touchscreen) for controlling the heating / ventilation / AC. It's close to impossible to operate it without looking at it, not helped by having to look down as well. Honda, who normally take give good attention to safety, should be embarassed. However, I doubt if manufacturers will give emphasis to providing safe to use controls until the vehicle safety tests include a rating for the controls.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 10:44:06 PM »
Or until governments make their use illegal. If it is illegal to look at a mobile phone then why not.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 09:58:03 AM »
Or until governments make their use illegal. If it is illegal to look at a mobile phone then why not.

I remember when mobile phone in vehicles 'ban' (LOL) was made law and the  police said ' we will not enforce it for six months' - WTF !! what kind of message was that giving to mobile phone addicts ?  Ever since then it has been softly softly with no real punishment in law and only recently has the punishment gone up a level from 'derisory' to 'not really very much' - and because the chances of 'being caught' are not very high they really need to balance those low odds with draconian punishment if drivers are caught (like a £10K fine and 2 year ban).  A stupid,  completely unnecessary phone call while in a moving vehicle can cause so much carnage that drivers minds need to be focused on what the consequences can be,  how about a prolonged TV campaign showing the results of mobile use while driving in graphic, bloody detail ?

I bet touch screens fitted to vehicles will get banned fairly soon when government lawmakers catch up with technology (which always seems to takes a long, long time).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 12:15:32 PM »
Making a phone call is one thing, in the early days of mobile phones I would take and make calls behind the wheel (prior to that it was the CB radio!). Today they are sending and receiving texts, using Facebook and Twitter and trawling the net.
Using a Sat Nav on the move is just as bad, as is an iPod.
Just to make it clear, I think any mobile phone use, while driving, is dangerous and stupid, even hands free. When I am out out on the van I do not answer my phone, but find a safe and suitable place to stop before calling the depot back. They know and fully endorse that. My employer, TMS Motor Spares, is a very safety conscious organisation.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »
Using a Sat Nav on the move is just as bad, as is an iPod.
Just to make it clear, I think any mobile phone use, while driving, is dangerous and stupid, even hands free. When I am out out on the van I do not answer my phone, but find a safe and suitable place to stop before calling the depot back. They know and fully endorse that. My employer, TMS Motor Spares, is a very safety conscious organisation.

I agree, hand-held or hands-free,  both pretty much the same -  it is the mental distraction that causes the problem,  our brains struggle to multi-task in any meaningful way,  and if you are driving properly (spotting hazards and road signs etc, it does not leave much of our meagre human attention span to do anything else),  talking to a passenger or listening to a radio is different,  you can just tune out and ignore them if something else crops up, and in any case a passenger will very often stop talking to you when they can see you are concentrating or if traffic builds up ,  which does not happen with a phone call where you are being asked questions by someone who cannot see what is happening in and around you vehicle.

As long as you don't fiddle with satnav on the move I think they are a positive addition to safety as they take stress out of thinking where you should be going and which lane to get into etc. - especially is strange towns or cities.

jazzaro

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 06:57:24 PM »
Surely the touch screen will  be  upgraded to the Civic X system. Only the base trim may have manual knobs..

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 10:29:34 AM »
The touchscreen is here to stay, typically only the first or second trim levels in Jazz rivals do without one. With audio controls on the steering wheel though there is little need to fiddle with the touchscreen on the move.

One touchscreen application I do find worrying though is for heating/ventilation/air con. CAR magazine was running a Peugeot 308GTI on the long term test fleet, they noted the frustration of controlling the HVAC through the same touchscreen as used to control the audio and car info systems. You can see for yourself in this picture from Autoexpress, it's even got the fan speed settings on the display:

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »
Looks to be there to me. Anyway, it's not that bad. It'd be nice if they could restore the buttons for cabin environment on the EX but otherwise I don't see the problem with it.

Tags: