Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Broken driver's seat adjuster
« Last post by GBH on March 25, 2024, 08:09:56 AM »
A mirror on a stick is often a very useful tool for investigating nooks & crannies in cars.  I have found that loose change can sometimes drop down into the seat runners and jam the mechanism. The problem is then deciding how to get said coin out without turning the car upside down and shaking it.

I think the usual method of seat fixing is with a captive screw in the lower runner which is held in place with a nut underneath the floor, however I have not ventured underneath my Jazz yet so it may be that the runners are bolted from underneath to a welded nut in the seat runner.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Micro sd card in dashcam
« Last post by Mr Onion on March 25, 2024, 07:54:01 AM »
I had a Samsung SD card in my previous (Blackvue) and now in my current (Garmin) dashcams

Bought directly from the Samsung site so that I know its not a fake. Never had a problem (but its time to reformat so I'll do that later today)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Engine fans constantly on while A/C is on
« Last post by GBH on March 25, 2024, 07:49:39 AM »
When parked at the side of the road with a cold engine and the A/C turned on I can hear and see both fans switch in and out.

I'm sure that this also happens with a hot engine - will check later this morning after a drive.

Have just got back from a four mile run (mainly in traffic) so engine is now hot and both fans are switching in and out with A/C switched on.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Broken driver's seat adjuster
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 25, 2024, 07:20:10 AM »
« Last post by Kremmen on March 25, 2024, 03:39:24 AM »
The main issue with modern high quality dashcams is the SD card write speed

If your dashcam is HD or 2k then you ideally need a write speed of at least 50Mbps. A lot of these endurance cards aren't and they can cause a bottleneck which in turn can cause the dashcam to freeze

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/SpeedOut.shtml

There is a free program called Speedout0.5 that tests SD card speeds, but you do need a PC USB3 port as USB2 isn't fast enough
« Last post by embee on March 24, 2024, 10:55:26 PM »
Agree about the fakes.
I hope the place I've used a few times is "totally boney fido" (Victoria Wood??).
 I've been using Sandisk High Endurance from https://www.picstop.co.uk/dash-cam-memory.html?scroll=2303 , they send offer emails every now and then, prices are competitive I think, delivery has always been pretty prompt.
I have a couple of Viofo Mini 2 units, been faultless so far, I bought direct from https://www.picstop.co.uk/dash-cam-memory.html?scroll=2303 , they send from China in about a week, significant savings over buying from the .uk online store.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: EV Battery life.
« Last post by Hicardo on March 24, 2024, 10:47:05 PM »
I'm not noticing drop off in my June 2021 delivered MK 4 Crosstar.  In fact, I think its getting slightly better on fuel since year 2.  I see 10 bars a lot as I live in a hilly area. 
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Broken driver's seat adjuster
« Last post by doughtsh on March 24, 2024, 04:55:42 PM »
Just bought a 2009 Jazz and nothing happens when I lift the bar under the seat to move the seat back. Anyone got any tips or links to videos/tutorials for sorting it? Passenger side is fine.
Thanks
« Last post by Kremmen on March 24, 2024, 02:30:41 PM »
I've had a Samsung Evo Plus 128Gb one running for almost 5 years now without error

Never formatted it, just cut and paste to the PC to empty it

You do need to be very careful where you buy them as there are lots of fakes around. Got mine from Scan who are Samsung authorised sellers
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Tyre Change Of thread pattern(model/brand of tyre)
« Last post by peteo48 on March 24, 2024, 01:20:44 PM »

One thing though. I'd had a previous issue with the car tyre deflation warning constantly going off and that eventually stopped. But now after the tyre change it's now back to every long trip.

When I had this issue on a MK3 Jazz I did find that the car needed several recalibrations before it eventually settled down. It was always a motorway trip that set it off.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]