Author Topic: Retrofit OEM cruise control  (Read 39734 times)

oitar

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz '13 CVT
Re: Retrofit OEM cruise control
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2023, 11:15:09 AM »
@Bart83 very nicely done, wish you did it before I started last year(and still haven't finished)!

My main battle was to run the wire from the brake pedal to the ECM A41 pin. I did it last weekend, had to go through the passenger door harness, and under the dash board. Mine is a right-hand side steering wheel, so the harness looks slightly different to yours.
Also mine is a CVT transmission, and probably need to do something in addition, because it still doesn't work :(
AFAIK the clutch pedal signal in my case will be a GND signal to pin B29 of the ECM!? If I measure the pin(with the battery disconnected) I get around 10-15 Ohms to GND in D and S positions, and infinity in P, R, and N positions. If I ring the wire from the pedal to A41 I read around 1 kOhm to GND(reading from the ECM), and infinity when brake pressed. So this wire supplies +12 V to A41 when brake released.
I described in previous post my wiring from the new steering wheel buttons to the GCM module.

When Cruise Main is switched on, the light comes on. But if I drive over 60 kph and try to engage CC(pressing the Set/Decel button) nothing happens.

Has anyone ever had a firmware with CC disabled, or am I forgetting something, or my wiring is bad?
Will listen to any suggestions, and update when/if I get it right.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 11:39:28 AM by oitar »

oitar

• Registered Member
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2023, 08:04:42 PM »
Ok, can anyone confirm this: Do I need to supply gnd to pin A43 of ECM? I don't have a clutch, and according to all info so far, I shouldn't!
But at the same time, all reported successful fitments so far have been on manual models.

renan.feitosa

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: CITY LX 2010
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2023, 06:26:34 PM »
have you solved? i had the same problem doing on a DX 1.4L AT

oitar

• Registered Member
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2023, 02:03:18 PM »
have you solved? i had the same problem doing on a DX 1.4L AT

No luck yet. I connected a permanent gnd wire to ecm pin A43("clutch released" for manual models), but it did not change anything. Both inputs A43, and A41("brake released" +12V signal) have around 1.3 kOhm input resistance, and with both signals supplied(and "Cruise Main" light on) pressing "Set/Decel" while driving over 60 kph, "Cruise Contol" light does not come on.

When I get a chance, I will re-check my button wiring.

MiniNinjaRob

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 Jazz EX 1.4
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2023, 11:52:34 AM »
I'd like cruise control. Very useful and one of the standard fit items I look forward to when I upgrade to a MK3 at some point in the future.

Never used active cruise control, don't think I would like it tbh.

I agree with Lordv, cruise is for empty straight roads. Back when I was doing 50k a year in my company cars, cruise was a god send. These days, at around 15k and not many long journeys, I don't really miss it. Be nice to have though.

If you get a car with good active radar cruise it’s amazing. I love standard CC and when my new work car came with it I ended up using it all the time. In traffic jams it’s a godsend as it just follows the car in front at a safe distance.
If you get a car with a good system you will love it too if you like standard CC

german-hans

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2024, 07:27:02 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm still quite new in the game, but really enjoyed this topic. Almost there trying it on my own and got all the main parts needed. Just wondering which connectors to use for the additional wiring (e.g. terminal pins for ECM/PCM, fuse box, cable reel or the new added switches...)

Thanks for your help!!

german-hans

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2024, 08:40:21 AM »
Anyone any ideas?

Tags:

anything