Author Topic: Rubber mats ...  (Read 2114 times)

dvhttn

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk3 Ex CVT
Rubber mats ...
« on: October 27, 2018, 03:23:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm after rubber mats to replace the nylon ones there at the moment (easier to keep clean in the depths of Cornwall with a 14 year old) but am not 100% sure of all the things I need to look for.

First is price as my local dealer wants £80+ for the set of 4, though I know I can them cheaper on the ol' interweb from Honda cheaper than that. But what about the non-OEM companies such as 'Official Car Mats' and 'Carmats UK', etc? What is the quality like from them? As good as Honda's? I mean, at the end of the day they're just rubber mats, I just want ones specific to the car rather than have to cut bits off Halford specials to make them fit.

Secondly, floor fittings. I see reference to 4 and 2 fixings in the car. I have the OEM nylon mats with 2 fixings per side in the front. So I presume that is the '4 fixings' referred to?  Now my other car (actually mine, the Jazz is the wife's …) is a Passat and they changed the floor fixings from round to oval over it's life so you need to be careful with carpets. The Jazz fixings are round holes in the carpet but the 'stud' seems to be round but with 2 edges squared off for the fixing clip. Am I over-thinking this and does the Jazz just have the one type of fixing point (as OEM anyway) which is sometimes described as 'oval'?

Thanks in advance.
Dave
Carpe diem …

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Rubber mats ...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 06:19:40 PM »
You can get the genuine mats from Cox Motor Parts https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda/honda-jazz/2016-jazz/2016-jazz-accessories/ for a more reasonable price than your dealer is offering. Perhaps the price difference takes account of you fitting them yourself (all of 5 minutes).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 09:35:14 PM »
I have Honda rubber mats (from Cox) in the front and a pair of good quality carpet samples (£1 each) in the back.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 12:19:33 PM »
Where are you in Cornwall,  I live in west Cornwall and Trago in Falmouth have sets of rubber car mats.

dvhttn

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 03:48:42 PM »
Where are you in Cornwall,  I live in west Cornwall and Trago in Falmouth have sets of rubber car mats.

Near Truro so Trago is easy. BUT .. are their mats car/model specific or just generic ones? I'm after model specific ones with OEM fittings - just would rather pay the difference in cost on something useful - like beer ….   :D
Dave
Carpe diem …

dvhttn

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 11:08:13 PM »

Got these in the end … https://www.carmats-uk.com/cm/honda/jazz/357?product=rubber-4mm …. With the heelpad and checkered design if the link doesn't work too well. Good quality and fit as well as the OEM mats there before. No lip on them so if anything spills on them it'll drip off the sides but that'll hopefully be a rare occurrence.
Dave
Carpe diem …

Tags:

anything