Author Topic: Reversing Camera out of alignment?  (Read 849 times)

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
Reversing Camera out of alignment?
« on: August 03, 2022, 06:54:53 AM »
We were involved in a minor accident where another car ran into the back of our red Honda Jazz hybrid and caused a small dent. The car has been to the body repair shop and the dent has been taken out.
However my wife tells me the view from the reversing camera has changed so it now includes a good chunk of the bumper along the bottom of the image (see attached picture file).
Would someone with an undamaged Jazz please check this image against their reversing camera image (in wide mode) and confirm if that our camera needs realignment - a photo of the view from their camera (in wide mode) would be ideal.
Thanks
Paul

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Reversing Camera out of alignment?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 09:16:30 AM »
It's because the first view button is selected (bottom left of the screen).  Try selecting the middle one.

PaulC

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 09:57:26 PM »
I talked to the Honda agency here in Auckland and they sent me a photo of the reversing camera view on Wide angle from a brand new Honda Jazz - it matches the current reversing camera view from our Jazz so the camera is NOT out of alignment.
I think that maybe after the rear end collision the door may have been twisted so the view from the camera was different.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 07:17:04 AM »
So did you try my suggestion?  Or maybe I am not understanding the issue you are describing.  Perhaps you are saying that is is tilting downwards more than it was before, even if other view modes are selected.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 07:19:11 AM by ColinS »

PaulC

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 09:51:52 PM »
The issue was that we thought the reversing camera had been put out of normal alignment by the repairs to the rear hatch door/lid.
Getting a photo of the reversing camera view from another Honda Jazz showed us that the reversing camera in our Jazz was not out of alignment - so it was a mistaken thought on our part.

Tags:

anything