Author Topic: Rear view reverse camera display  (Read 1683 times)

Kathy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2018
Rear view reverse camera display
« on: July 01, 2022, 06:08:05 PM »
This message and blue symbols have suddenly appeared on the camera when using the reverse gear.  What does it mean and how do I switch it off please? I’ve never seen this before.  Thanks for your help.

Bazzzer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX Navi
Re: Rear view reverse camera display
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 07:28:12 PM »
Presumably, "it" thinks you are about to run into something, so is advising you to check your surroundings.  You can turn off the lines if you wish.

There are three camera views available to you.  You can select the one you want by touching one of the blue icons.

Perhaps you don't have a manual.  The one that I downloaded has this on page 469-

Kathy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 08:35:08 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I do have a manual, but it’s often an issue knowing what to call the thing you are looking for, in such a huge book.
But unfortunately it doesn’t solve it.  I don’t know why the small blue symbols appeared suddenly, having never seen them before, the manual doesn’t seem to provide an explanation, sadly. 

Thank you again for trying to help.

Bazzzer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX Navi
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 09:21:12 PM »
What if you turn the guidelines off?

(Link to P313 in my image)

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 06:50:05 AM »
Select symbol to left - will change view to wider, or change to right symbol - your selection for what suits you.

Kathy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 08:17:38 AM »
Thanks both, it does help to get other views on these issues.

apybrid, I know what the blue symbols do just don’t know why they’ve suddenly appeared and how to switch them off, if possible.

Bazzzer, turning the guidelines off just removes the orange and yellow direction/space indicators not the blue symbols.

They’re not a problem, knowing that they are in the manual and are normal, I can live with them, just don’t know why they suddenly appeared not having seen them before.

I’ve been driving for over 45 years but I find some of these so called safety features in modern cars very distracting and unnecessary.

Thanks again, enjoy your day.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 10:44:29 AM »
"apybrid, I know what the blue symbols do just don’t know why they’ve suddenly appeared and how to switch them off, if possible."

I just thought be 'resetting' view it may return to 'normal'

Does this help - https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownersmanual/webom/eng/jazz/2016/details/106278046-26231

Maybe select view you want and switch off, then restart?

A little bit trial and error may be required

Settings - https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownersmanual/webom/eng/jazz/2016/details/106278046-44350

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 10:54:47 AM by aphybrid »

NathanC67

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk 3
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 06:55:04 PM »
They are different camera views. I used to toggle to the top down overhead view, but don't bother now and leave it on the normal view.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 06:05:18 AM »
It is one of those features which maybe because it has always been there I did not notice that the view options were there permanently there, as is on my MK 4 and I cannot find anywhere in settings to alter.
I guess the option should always be there as if reversing into tight space and really want close of car rear it has to be readily available to change.

Kathy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 08:32:06 AM »
Many thanks apybrid for trying to help.  I will live with it now, it’s a safety feature after all.
I, again, am just mystified why it suddenly appeared after 2.5 years with this car.  You could expect something like this if, like a computer app, I had set it to update the systems but it has no way of doing that, that I know of anyway.
Although it is a safety feature, I find I cannot rely on it, I still check behind and sides when reversing, force of long habit before such ‘safety features’.  But the screen does help get a view of how near I am to whatever is behind and if, as someone pointed out, a child or animal suddenly appeared.
Enjoy your day

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2022, 07:03:23 AM »
I dont know, but could it be something as simple as the rear camera lens  being dirty?  This, plus maybe dirty rear parking sensors ,might make the system more cautious  about how much data its receiving. 

When I  (intentionally,) reversed my mk 4 into some long grass and  a bit of soft foliage  the system went loopy.  The screen lit up like a christmas tree with various warnings, bleepings and flashing lights  :o
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: