Author Topic: Fuel Consumption  (Read 7877 times)

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Fuel Consumption
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2022, 04:28:07 PM »
.... I soon realised how fantastically well designed and made Honda motorbikes were. ......
It's often said that after the nuclear holocaust the world will be populated by cockroaches and Honda Cub engines.................. bomb proof.

BestwoodRoadie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4 Hybrid EX
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2022, 04:55:21 PM »
Last week early hours Sunday morning came back from Torquay to Nottingham got on the A380 , M5 , M42 , A42 , M1, set the speed at 75 mph nothing on the roads, speed never varied on the dash when I got home it read at 54.7 mph. Pretty good I thought.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2022, 04:56:47 PM »
20k to 30k to loosen up.

That'll be years for me then at max 3k per year

Don't you ever just go out for a drive?

If I was only going to do 3k a year I would've bought something more 'exciting' for the few times I would be behind the wheel and definitely not a new car.

BestwoodRoadie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4 Hybrid EX
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2022, 05:01:09 PM »
Last week early hours Sunday morning came back from Torquay to Nottingham got on the A380 , M5 , M42 , A42 , M1, set the speed at 75 mph nothing on the roads, speed never varied on the dash when I got home it read at 54.7 mpg. Pretty good I thought.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2022, 05:19:43 PM »
Last week early hours Sunday morning came back from Torquay to Nottingham got on the A380 , M5 , M42 , A42 , M1, set the speed at 75 mph nothing on the roads, speed never varied on the dash when I got home it read at 54.7 mph. Pretty good I thought.
Considering unleaded is cheaper than diesel, the equivalent mpg for a diesel to compete on cost would have to be higher, so it’s a good figure.

50-55 beats my diesel that didn’t get above 50.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2022, 05:28:55 PM »
20k to 30k to loosen up.

If I was only going to do 3k a year I would've bought something more 'exciting' for the few times I would be behind the wheel and definitely not a new car.

I've been buying new cars, every 3 years, and less on a couple of occasions since 1983 at circa 30k miles on each. My first break from this was 2016 when I'd retired and my 9G Civic was only on 11k so decided to keep it as I liked it. Plus at that time the 9G new Android headunit was having serious problems.

When the Civic was nearly 9 years old I wanted to downsize it and get more modern tech. It made sense to get a Jazz, a decision I've not regretted.

I have the full 5 year package and when that's expired I may not need a car as mine is now only used to visit relatives and a move to be near them is on the cards.

I don't now get any pleasure from driving for the sake of it living in greater London. The standard of driving near Heathrow is atrocious and heavy traffic is the norm during the day.
Let's be careful out there !

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2022, 05:32:25 PM »
...Not exactly rolling hills and country lanes as such then by you. I don't blame you for giving it a miss then  ;D

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2022, 05:43:24 PM »
20k to 30k to loosen up.

I've often thought about this given my low mileage but, given my age, a performance motor would now be wasted on me. The other thing is I genuinely don't like big cars - not on any environmental ground but I prefer something small and nippy.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2022, 09:11:51 AM »
According to an online fuel calculator, a Jazz doing 54mpg for 10,000 miles costs around the same in fuel as a diesel car doing 60mpg.

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/new-and-used-cars/article/driver-calculators-and-tools/petrol-vs-diesel-calculator-aq1aI3j7Pkm7

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2022, 10:01:43 AM »
I don't now get any pleasure from driving for the sake of it living in greater London. The standard of driving near Heathrow is atrocious and heavy traffic is the norm during the day.
I know what you mean. Moving away from the South-East of England was one of the better things my wife and I have done.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 11:15:10 AM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2022, 10:25:31 AM »
Refuelled yesterday and its the first I have had to spend more than £60 to fill the tank (it was down to 2 bars)
The display tells me that the range is 541Miles, which works out at 11p per mile, it will be interesting to see whether that is true?

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2022, 12:43:56 PM »
Refuelled yesterday and its the first I have had to spend more than £60 to fill the tank (it was down to 2 bars)
The display tells me that the range is 541Miles, which works out at 11p per mile, it will be interesting to see whether that is true?

Probably not far off, even with mainly motorway driving at 50mpg I only pay around 15p a mile currently.

My range is normally 420 or so on a full tank.

Unless the car has been reset after having the battery disconnected - then it usually shows 660 mile range until it learns that driving is mainly motorway.

It must have a default mpg range figure it uses on resets as it's happened a few times now after being reset.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 12:45:37 PM by sportse »

nigelr

• Approved Member
  • 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
  • Fuel economy: 45 mpg
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2022, 01:06:40 PM »

That's excellent. I get 50 mpg in my mk2, but being far more careful, particularly on the motorway.

sportse

• Approved Member
Fuel Consumption
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2022, 02:48:53 PM »
With my majority motorway driving, I've tried eco mode/slow acceleration/etc - it doesn't make hardly a difference on a long trip at 70mph so you can drive the car normally and you will still get great 50+mpg economy.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 03:17:09 PM by sportse »

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2022, 04:20:10 PM »
With my majority motorway driving, I've tried eco mode/slow acceleration/etc - it doesn't make hardly a difference on a long trip at 70mph so you can drive the car normally and you will still get great 50+mpg economy.

Tags: