Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Head on collision in my Crosstar
« Last post by Westy36 on August 10, 2022, 02:53:45 PM »
So very sorry to hear of the accident. What a shocking experience to have. I wish you a speedy recovery.

If the insurers are not answering their phone, as sadly some firms don't, it might be worth trying their webchat to ask someone to call you. HTH.
« Last post by shufty on August 10, 2022, 02:07:27 PM »
...Glad everyone is fairly OK under the circumstances  :o

Slightly worrying the intensity of the injuries though, in a brand new 'super safe' car!. I can't imagine what could've happened in a 'lesser' safety oriented vehicle!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Boot light
« Last post by John Ratsey on August 10, 2022, 02:00:42 PM »
I had my boot open for well over an hour today while loading ready for a trip to the tip and noticed after some time that the boot light was off. To check that it hadn't drained the battery (which it shouldn't as I had fitted an LED bulb - much brighter) I shut the boot door and opened it again whereupon the light came on.

My conclusion is that Honda have fitted a timer somewhere in the circuit to reduce the risk of the battery being drained by a door being left open.
« Last post by John Ratsey on August 10, 2022, 01:56:00 PM »
How horrible. I hope Honda are wondering why their top-notch crash protection failed to minimise the damage to the driver. Or maybe if you were driving some other vehicle you would have permanently disappeared from this forum. Do you know the make of the oncoming vehicle and how that coped with the collision?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Driverís seat wear
« Last post by John Ratsey on August 10, 2022, 01:49:28 PM »
Also ,as a last resort ,there may be protection  under consumer law  , for goods not fit for purpose.   Companies certainly dont like receiving court papers or being sued,or having to employ lawyers.  .  Citizens advice bureau or Local Trading standards may be able to advise.
I wouldn't leave that until last. A polite letter to Holcroft Honda reminding them of the "fitness for purpose" requirement of consumer law puts the onus on them to continue to argue with Honda (a comment mentioning that a search of the internet reveals that this problem has occurred elsewhere may be appropriate). Pretend leather sides to car seats should not crack up in a year, or even 10 years, if the material used is suitable for the usage. And for those where the cracking starts after the warranty period ends, if the material is inherently suitable then there's the latent defect provision.
« Last post by aphybrid on August 10, 2022, 01:28:46 PM »
Horrific for you both, dreadful experience, I wish you speedy as possible recovery physically and mentally.
« Last post by peteo48 on August 10, 2022, 11:12:43 AM »
Horrendous. Here's hoping you make a full recovery along with your daughter.
« Last post by Karoq on August 10, 2022, 10:45:50 AM »
My God! What a horrendous thing to happen to you.
I do hope you recover as swiftly as possible.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Head on collision in my Crosstar
« Last post by Jazzdriver on August 10, 2022, 10:39:42 AM »
On 30 June I was driving my daughter to school on a country road.  Coming round a left hand bend, I was confronted by a car travelling fast on the wrong side of the road.  In the head on collision all my airbags went off.  I looked down to see my shirt covered in blood (there was glass everywhere) and my right leg like a concertina (shattered femur).  Either the thing near to the mirror that calls the police worked automatically or I manually triggered it.  The policeman answering said he could not hear me properly and asked if I could call back (ha,ha).  He also asked for my location-I thought that this was supposed to be transmitted automatically. Eventually, all the emergency services arrived. My daughter went to hospital by ambulance and stayed there a couple of days.  I was given Ketamine and flown to hospital by air ambulance after every item of clothing had been cut off and the roof had been  cut off the car. My ribs and sternum were broken.  My discs were chipped and scratched.  The next day surgeons redid my femur with a titanium rod and plate.  After 15 days in hospital I was transferred to a rehab unit where I am now.  Physio was brutal.  Dashcam footage from a following car shows the other car on the wrong side of the road.  I am now dealing with an insurance company that does not answer the phone.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Faulty mirror folding
« Last post by Jayt43 on August 10, 2022, 10:10:51 AM »
I now have this issue too (after 6 months of ownership - 14K km on clock). Perhaps an emerging component weakness?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything