Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue
« Last post by NoelM on Today at 05:31:23 PM »
You need to write an extremely strong email to them stating how many times it has been back to the dealers. Also tell them you are totally dissatisfied with their response and the fact that the dealer cannot resolve the issue.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by Geoff_W on Today at 05:08:34 PM »
There another technique  to save more gas, I seen one YouTuber Chanel I think from Taiwan, he tailgating lorries, using ACC on  FIT e:HEV

Is he still alive?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Fuel Consumption
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 05:07:17 PM »
Same here

I don't get the 'advice' to turn off aircon and open the windows. I bet it saves pennies and I prefer aircon and windows shut for the quiet.

Unlike the hot hatch mob with max thumping audio and all windows open, innit
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Fuel Consumption
« Last post by Geoff_W on Today at 04:58:49 PM »
Most of my driving is short, urban trips - usually a weekly run round to local supermarkets. Occasionally, a 60 mile round trip into the Derbyshire Peak District.

My Trip A shows 60mpg since new, and Trip B currently 66.6mpg since refueling (a little less than half a tank left). However, I also keep a spreadsheet where I note the total mileage at each fill up and the litres put in the tank (brimmed). This calculates an actual value of 57.14mpg overall. My Crosstar was bought in September last year so a lot of the miles covered were through the winter months.

The mpg has improved somewhat with the warmer weather, but as I always have the climate control set to Auto at 21.5 degrees C I suspect that's having a negative effect. I know a lot of owners use aircon sparingly, but I prefer to be comfortable rather than worrying about the extra fuel useage.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / UK car driven in France
« Last post by sportse on Today at 03:55:47 PM »
Itís easier if you are in a hire car that has the steering wheel on the right side for the country you are visiting. Iíve driven quite a bit in Spain/USA and havenít had any issues.

I saw a European car in the UK last week - they drove on the wrong side of the road, the wrong way around a traffic island and proceeded to drive the wrong side of the road afterwards.

No excuse as it was in a port town and the traffic islands even usually have big arrows pointing which side you are supposed to drive on.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue
« Last post by sportse on Today at 03:51:31 PM »
It was working ok for the first few weeks after the new head unit was fitted, then the problems returned.

I think it could be a design fault, as I also had the issue once in the service loan car I had for 800 odd miles.

Several reviewers have the same issue, so itís widespread with CarPlay apparently.

You get a black screen, a spinning icon, then the screen flashes on and off with sometimes blank menu headers before you finally get the telematics start up screen.

It doesnít happen every time, sometimes it starts as normal whereas other times you are left sitting for 40 seconds.

Probably some Jazz owners think itís ok if they are used to boot up times on some devices but other cars donít have the delay.

If Iíd known about the design fault I would have saved £5k and bought a low miles SE instead of an EX - then I could have just used the phone screen for sat nav instead of the infotainment unit.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: UK car driven in France
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 03:43:00 PM »
I'd be a danger driving on the right. Never been abroad so I'd exit junctions and roundabouts, etc, and just drift to the wrong side.

Much like what I've seen rental cars do at Heathrow.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 03:38:36 PM »
I suppose, in my case, I've got used to devices not firing up instantly but having to initialise.

My standalone Garmin DS61 doesn't fire up immediately but takes a short while. I suppose the onboard Garmin also performs similar checks, etc.

I notice when my headunit is booting there are a range of icons across the top that change colour as they connect to .... whatever.

If CarPlay integration is to blame then does it boot considerably quicker with no phone paired ?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Hello guys I need help please
« Last post by cris on Today at 03:36:12 PM »
Hello
So I rerouted the wire for the crankshaft position sensor and avoided the coil pack wire and had no result.
I noticed something else, went out to do another engine ref test to see if I can replicate the unusual  revs read, so the car sat in 30 degrees Celsius  from morning to the afternoon, I did the test around 2 PM, didn't get the unusual revs, but the rpm went (while idling) from 1000-1500-2000-2500 and then dropped suddenly and the engine stalled, started the engine again with the same result about 4 times more, after that it started to run normal. My question is would that point towards a evap system problem?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything