Author Topic: 2015 Honda Fit DEBUT at 2014 Detroit (youtube)  (Read 3371 times)

guest1010

2015 Honda Fit DEBUT at 2014 Detroit (youtube)
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »
Keyless entry and push button start. Lane Watch blind spot display when indicating. Link smartphone mapping app to dash display, Bluetooth :D and SIRI. Heated leather seats. Now if only it will have Adaptive Cruise Control.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: 2015 Honda Fit DEBUT at 2014 Detroit (youtube)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:00:12 AM »
Keyless entry can flatten battery as it is always 'on' looking for the right chip to appear by the car, push button start is a gimmick - I have it on Civic and is far less intuitive than turning the key an extra 8th of a turn, the only upside (especially with Honda engines, where you can't hear them running) is that once engine is started if you push the button again it does nothing ( I did try it out of interest).   Although I have had Civic for 16 months now, it took me a while to get out of habit of trying to turn key to start it - if I was in a hurry i would probably revert to trying to turn the key  :-[

As for leather seats you can keep the horrible slippery sweaty things, much prefer textile - as for heated seats - we don't live in Norway and they are just a needless drain on battery - only thing I would like is cruise control (just plain vanilla version would do - no need to sense vehicle in front and slow down etc.)

Blind spot detection - Even though Civic mirrors are large, I still have long ingrained habit of looking over RH shoulder before moving to RH lane on a motorway,  and triple checking when moving over to LH lane, as some people still think they can overtake on the inside  ???

just hope Honda not going the same way as French and spending money on gadgets at the expense of the engineering of the rest of the car - just look at the reliability of gadget laden french cars, and how many fail their first MOT
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:36:53 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

lexi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 i shift V TEC
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
 I agree with most of that Culzean.  My Vel Satis was the first modern car I had with the push button.
   Nothing new of course as my 61 Land Rover had it too.   Getting back to a key is brilliant.  I have pulled the keycard out of the Vel before killing the engine.........big no no.  Heated seats usually get knackered with kneeling on them to reach things behind you.  Leather is over rated........half leather is better.

French cars are nice to drive. Get a good one..........and you are lucky.  Like old Land Rovers.......they are rather a challenge :D  I miss the ride of my Hydro suspension Citroens.........but not the spanner time!

guest1010

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »
Yes, I agree  what you say about keyless entry and seats. The blind spot display is only on the inside as when drivers stop looking over their shoulders and relying on electronics is asking for trouble. The smartphone nav. display is a good idea considering what the options cost. I find the constant clicking up and down with basic cruise control is tiresome and would like adaptive on my next car. I would really like to get another Jazz but may have to go Audi A3 or Focus Titanium but may give up the ACC for Honda reliability. Honda charge an extra £2,500 for ACC on the Civic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 02:01:33 PM »
i wouldn't mind cruise control that is dependent upon GPS - where the initial speed it chooses when you activate it is no more than the speed limit on the road you are traveling on and the system warns you if you try to set speed higher than it.  As the speed limit gets lower cruise control should respond as well, and gradually reduce set speed, but shouldn't increase your speed again without your input.  You can always dis-engage cruise if you want to go faster  :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:04:26 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: