Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Scratched Infotainment Screen
« Last post by Worthingmike on Today at 09:42:03 PM »
Just buy a screen protector for a tablet. That's what I did. They are hard plastic and are easy to cut to shape with sharp scissors. Mine has been on for nearly three years. The screen works with no problem.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz Crosstar, raise suspension?
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 08:09:32 PM »
I'm with @Whiteshark on this one:

If you absolutely need more ground clearance: Why buy a Jazz?
(it might prove to be more expensive to modify an initially unsuited car to your special needs than buy the "right" car in the first place)

puzzled greetings
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 08:01:27 PM »
Of course i can only comment about my local toyota dealer who my wife has used for over twenty years . Buying both new and used cars and for servicing and MOTs . It is family owned and has 3 toyota garages and a lexus one in the group. And while you  pay more than a good local independent you have the peace of mind and also toyota parts. You dont have to take any car to a franchised dealer to have any service -we are fortunate to have good ones for honda toyota suzuki and kia in our area with many happy customers

A good dealership - regardless of brand - is worth every penny!
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on Today at 07:49:57 PM »
Of course i can only comment about my local toyota dealer who my wife has used for over twenty years . Buying both new and used cars and for servicing and MOTs . It is family owned and has 3 toyota garages and a lexus one in the group. And while you  pay more than a good local independent you have the peace of mind and also toyota parts. You dont have to take any car to a franchised dealer to have any service -we are fortunate to have good ones for honda toyota suzuki and kia in our area with many happy customers
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 07:42:35 PM »
Just looked at spirit website, too much trackers involved.

[sorry - off-topic!]

Thank you for your reply!

Believe me, I'm bordering "paranoid" regarding online trackers!

On www.spritmonitor.de I see only the infamous googletagmanager (where as on clubjazz.org there are at least addthis.com and the paramount googlesyndication.com sites)

so, I do not quite follow your concerns, since you are a member of this forum and prefer to avoid spritmonitor.de

Have you yet considered something like NoScript/? - It would give you back some choice about what your browser loads.

If you are of the more "adventorous" type and don't mind to do some bit-wrestling, Pi-hole might be an option for you. Trust me: There is more...  :D

Take care!

Addendum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AddThis
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Google Assistant No Dictation (Bluetooth)
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 07:28:52 PM »
Maybe your car is smarter than you think and helps you actively to keep your attention to the road.
« Last post by Whiteshark on Today at 07:27:46 PM »
Hi Richard, not trying to confuse. Toyota Lexus and  Honda all used TWG services for their extended warranties. They are a Warranty Insurance provider. It appears Toyota are now doing it in house and an article I had read referred to the previous system.
As a long term Lexus and Honda owner I am a fan of both brands and not had a problem with either. Both their forums present owners who have had problems , which often relates back to the Dealer. That is essentially the point I am making.
It is possible to negotiate a cheaper service after 10 years and out of warranty. I am pleased it all works for you.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Carb flooded.
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 06:30:20 PM »
If I ever need to do a very short move with a cold engine then I let the engine run for about a minute before switching it off to give the initial excess fuel time to clear.
I did this yesterday on both sides. Removal was not difficult except splitting the ball joint; always a bit of violence needed.

Putting back was more of a pain, since the suspension resists going in to place. I accidentally popped the drive shaft CV joint on the passenger side and it took me a while to realise that, as well as put it all back in place.

I recommend putting some clamps on the strut springs in a compressed state before removing the old wishbone. Use a jack under the old wishbone to raise the wheel hub and compress the spring, install the clamps, release the jack, then remove the wishbone. This will make it easier to get things back in place.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Gearbox Mount / Left Engine Mount
« Last post by ssashton on Today at 05:55:54 PM »
Can anybody help me with the OE part number for the (manual) gearbox mount for my 2012 Jazz? GG5 chassis code, L12B1 engine code.

It looks like this one:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266634642281

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10