Author Topic: 18 model Jazz - My Honda App  (Read 5230 times)

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
Re: 18 model Jazz - My Honda App
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 12:05:22 PM »
I would check that very carefully if I were you. I think you're referring to the app settings

It states in the security settings 'Once disabled, data will continue to be transmitted but will not be processed or stored by Honda.'

I personally think you are being a bit paranoid, date can easily be found and used about anyone that uses the internet especially if they give any details out on sites about themselves.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:10:40 PM by Hobo »

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »
It states in the security settings 'Once disabled, data will continue to be transmitted but will not be processed or stored by Honda.'

I personally think you are being a bit paranoid, date can easily be found and used about anyone that uses the internet especially if they give any details out on sites about themselves.
Interesting, and clearly different to the Ts&Cs. As I said, it’s a personal decision as to whether you have the thing or not ... in my case, there was nothing there that was a must-have for me, and I didn’t like the privacy implications. Others will make a different decision.

Out of interest - and noting that you have a Civic rather than a Jazz - does it work ? Do you get all the advertised functionality ?

Hobo

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »
Out of interest - and noting that you have a Civic rather than a Jazz - does it work ? Do you get all the advertised functionality ?

All the functions shown in the booklet work without any problems in the Civic.

I have not yet needed to use some of the functions and hope I never will, as previously stated it can only be used by putting in a six digit pin code each time you use it so no one else can access it.

It is user friendly in that you can set up which of the functions you want to use and block others such as latest Honda news, adverts and marketing, personally I find it useful and I am not worried about any data being used by Honda as they already have all my details as a customer of theirs who has bought several vehicles from them.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:33:13 PM by Hobo »

Hobo

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »
Had two new rear tyres fitted yesterday, while the car was jacked up my Honda app. messaged 'check your vehicle it has just been detected that it has been lifted off the ground', maybe they thought it was being stolen by being lifted and towed. :o

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 05:19:30 PM »
Had two new rear tyres fitted yesterday, while the car was jacked up my Honda app. messaged 'check your vehicle it has just been detected that it has been lifted off the ground', maybe they thought it was being stolen by being lifted and towed. :o

I'd rather not know when Mrs Deeps gets all four wheels off the road when transiting a speed bump!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 05:33:01 PM by Deeps »

Tags:

anything