Author Topic: 30 day rule  (Read 4016 times)

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
Re: 30 day rule
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 10:34:45 PM »
I think this is the best outcome. I brought a car once from a main franchise dealer 100 miles away which has been serviced with the book stamped. After a month, the brakes sounded funny and upon checking by my own mechanic, the rear cylinder was leaking plus the front brake pads and discs were below par. So I got them done for £250 and complaint on Twitter. This Franchise Dealer got the GM to call me and apologies and paid me via a cheque.

At least your car is repaired by someone reliable. Yes, it's frustrating but that's cars for you- they are not trouble free and you can't predict when it can go wrong, despite regular maintenance. So I think you did really well to have the car repaired by a trusted 3rd party without paying more money.  Imgaine you have to return the car to the original seller-would they have repaired everything? I am not sure.

guest7483

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 06:58:45 AM »
I think this is the best outcome. I brought a car once from a main franchise dealer 100 miles away which has been serviced with the book stamped. After a month, the brakes sounded funny and upon checking by my own mechanic, the rear cylinder was leaking plus the front brake pads and discs were below par. So I got them done for £250 and complaint on Twitter. This Franchise Dealer got the GM to call me and apologies and paid me via a cheque.

At least your car is repaired by someone reliable. Yes, it's frustrating but that's cars for you- they are not trouble free and you can't predict when it can go wrong, despite regular maintenance. So I think you did really well to have the car repaired by a trusted 3rd party without paying more money.  Imgaine you have to return the car to the original seller-would they have repaired everything? I am not sure.

Sorry to hear you had problems as well, dealers have a bad rep but the majority don't help with the way they treat people sometimes.

He hasn't paid yet so there may be some fun yet. He did nothing but moan about prices and claim my mechanic was useless, the same mechanic who as I told the dealer had been mending cars when the dealer was still in nappies.

If I had returned it he would have mended it poorly. He wouldn't stop calling me and trying to tell me how he can get really cheap oem parts, they weren't, I had already done my homework.

Anyways it's snowing so I don't mind walking in to work today :)

123Drive!

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 02:00:24 PM »
If he refuses to pay, you can take him to small claims court under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 02:06:29 PM »
Molly, no point in getting stressed about it. I imagine that having said he will pay, he probably will, grudging or otherwise. Relax and enjoy your car.

guest7483

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 05:32:44 PM »
Hi all

The cars back all fixed. It was the coil pack, there seems to be a split in it so they stuck a new one on.

Apparently the dealer paid, although he has had no contact with me to see if I'm happy with the repair which shows how much he cares, car dealers huh  >:(

123Drive!

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 11:41:01 PM »
Good news! The less to do him, the better. Does the car came with warranty?

guest7483

• Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 07:39:46 AM »
Hi

Yes it has a warranty, hopefully I never have to use it  ;D

123Drive!

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2018, 12:15:58 PM »
Cool. So next time if anything happens, just use your mechanic and claim the warranty.

Further, if the car has warranty, why is the dealer so upset. He doesn't have to pay for the repairs anyway!

Tags:

anything