Author Topic: Keys battery?  (Read 1455 times)

Sharon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004. Mk1
Keys battery?
« on: March 06, 2018, 06:24:05 PM »
Hi, my keys have stopped working. :-( Do I need new key, or do I have to send the key to Honda to replace internal battery?

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Keys battery?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 06:31:22 PM »
I just popped in to my local dealer and they changed the battery there and then. I think its about £6.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 07:49:07 PM »
If you have a local shop that does watch batteries (Timpsons?) they would probably replace it for you. I had two keys for the Volvo, so when the first one died I opened it to see the type, ordered two batteries from Amazon, and when they arrived I changed both. It was just a case of popping the case open.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 08:12:43 PM »
Just replaced mine after 11 years. Just open the case and replace with a coin-type battery.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 10:48:06 PM »
Hi, if you have a key with a separate transponder (a blipper to lock/unlock car) it should have a circular cover on the back, you open this by putting the edge of a coin in the small slot and turning anti-clockwise till it stops (about quarter of an inch, there are markings to show you) then remove cover to reveal battery, you can then change it and replace the cover. You may need a thin knife or screwdriver to prise off the cover, battery required is size CR2025, you can get a panasonic 6 pack on eBay for about £2.50. All these details are correct for a 2003 model, don't know if they changed on later models. It's simpler than it sounds, I just tried to be precise for you.

If the cover's broken at some point and been replaced with an aftermarket cover you have to split these open along the seam, use a knife or similar, the batteries tend to slip about a bit inside these, a little bit of blutack will hold it in place, then just push the two halfs back together.

Good Luck

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 01:32:32 PM »
/\ Later cars from around mid 2004 (before the facelift @end of '04) like my 07 model have the remote built into both keys. My 2004/53 plate Jazz had one seperate remote.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Tags: