Author Topic: Purchasing Advice  (Read 1743 times)

guest7502

Purchasing Advice
« on: March 02, 2018, 02:34:16 PM »
Hi there, not sure if it's breaking rules to post adverts (so I haven't for now!), but I'm on my way to look at a 2009 Mk2 1.4 ES with 63,500. Just called the guy and he sounded nice and friendly and explained how he'd had it serviced at a local garage.

If it's allowed I'll post a link as a reply.

Description: Full service history in good condition. Mot 30 Jan 2019. Lady driver has had car since Jan 2012, 2 previous owners. Silver, 3 owners, £2,800

Questions:
Does the price seem OK? And what should I be looking for? I tend to check the fluid levels (good indication of it being looked after).. tyres (same again), condition of steering wheel and seats, if the engine is warm on arrival! Etc. Go for a drive and check suspension noise, get it up to speed through all the gears.

Thanks a lot - this time tomorrow I could be properly joining the club with my first Jazz!
Alan

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Purchasing Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 02:56:51 PM »
Before you venture out in this weather , check the MOT history via gov't website, have a look at the value of similar Jazz on Autotrader - enter the car for sale details as your vehicle etc, then think about this cars overall condition .
I would always advise HPI check before paying for a used car.
There are 100's of good used Jazz's out there. If buying private beware if buying from a delaer/garage you have some buyers protection in law.
Good luck

guest7502

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 03:00:30 PM »
Before you venture out in this weather , check the MOT history via gov't website, have a look at the value of similar Jazz on Autotrader - enter the car for sale details as your vehicle etc, then think about this cars overall condition .
I would always advise HPI check before paying for a used car.
There are 100's of good used Jazz's out there. If buying private beware if buying from a delaer/garage you have some buyers protection in law.
Good luck

Thank you good Sir! The MOT history looks great, it's only had minor advisories and it's doing less than 10k per year.
Good advice, I'll have a look on Autotrader now and see what they seem to be going for.

Agree on the weather! What a crap time to be buying a car!

guest7502

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 04:27:59 PM »
He's sold it to someone else! Back to the drawing board!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 05:22:32 PM »
As regards Autotrader, when you find a Jazz you like enter the details as my car  -you'll then see their value as p/ex & private sale, worth a couple of clicks.
Let the forum know how you search goes.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:48 PM »
Check also if it's a Cat c or Cat d. Seems cheap for a MK2 Jazz at under £3k.

Look under the boot to see if there are water in the spare wheel bay.

I assume it's a manual. If not, beware of the i-Shift. Check if car has service history and called the garage of the latest bill to see if they have actually done the work.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:27:57 PM by 123Drive! »

guest7502

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »
Check also if it's a Cat c or Cat d. Seems cheap for a MK2 Jazz at under £3k.

Look under the boot to see if there are water in the spare wheel bay.

I assume it's a manual. If not, beware of the i-Shift. Check if car has service history and called the garage of the latest bill to see if they have actually done the work.

Thanks - unfortunately he'd sold it a few hours later : ( good points though to remember going forward. I want a 1.3/4 manual and from the forum and honest john, am not sold on i-Shift.

guest7502

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 10:47:03 AM »
As regards Autotrader, when you find a Jazz you like enter the details as my car  -you'll then see their value as p/ex & private sale, worth a couple of clicks.
Let the forum know how you search goes.

Thanks for this tip! I'll keep you updated : )

Tags: