Author Topic: Reliability.  (Read 4542 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Reliability.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 05:03:14 PM »
They appear to have a few plants in the States.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Honda_assembly_plants
But none building the Jazz/Fit. Must get them from China.

Mexico I believe.

The Mexican factory makes the HR-Vs for north America and Europe and has been struggling to achieve Honda's normal quality standards *but seems to be slowly improving).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

pb82gh3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC Si
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 08:28:45 PM »
A while back I got chatting to a new HRV owner at my Honda dealer. He'd come in because the engine was covered in Mexican sand. Amazingly the dealer told him they would clean it when the first service was due. I was less than impressed.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 06:27:22 AM »
I had 30 years of company cars. Almost all were brand new and I kept them for 3 years  and did around 60k miles..
Ford: reliable
Volvo : reliable
Audi: not very reliable.
Rover (3 800s over 5 years  no choice): awful. Barely lasted 6 months before another fault..Engines. clutch, exhausts, electrics. POC.
Mercedes: not very reliable.
Then privately :
Jaguar: not very reliable.
BMW: some faults
Audi - not very reliable.
Toyota : 100% reliable.

Honda Jazz (to date) : 100% reliable.

Not much has changed: the unreliable ones then still are. (except Rover  of course)

Audi and Mercedes usually do pretty badly in long term reliability tests - your experience definitely bears that out. You can't go wrong with Japanese in my experience.

You can - CAN and WILL - go wrong with Mazda diesels, and Toyota diesels and Mark1 Subarus diesels broke crankshafts and had MAJOR DPF issues... there's a definite trend there.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2018, 07:19:02 AM »
My son-in-law's Land Rover Discovery diesel snapped its crankshaft. Luckily it was a company vehicle and they just replaced the entire engine.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 08:06:23 PM »
Saw a 2 year old Porsche Cayenne being winched onto back of AA recovery vehicle today.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 09:33:04 PM »
Saw a 2 year old Porsche Cayenne being winched onto back of AA recovery vehicle today.
Always makes me feel good when I witness something like that!

guest7502

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
As a buyer I see the Jazz as a safer bet because the owners seem to take good care of them. More of them than not have full service histories and half of those are from Honda. There are obviously less Jazz on the roads than, say ford focus. I don't know if reliability scores take that into account? But overall, I'd guess that they are just well looked after. And seeing how many cars my brother has killed due to ill-treatment, vs the rest of my family. I'd say that probably plays a big part.

Tags: