Author Topic: 1.5 i-VTEC Sport Navi CVT.......  (Read 11712 times)

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: 1.5 i-VTEC Sport Navi CVT.......
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2018, 11:46:35 AM »
Hi any thoughts on the pearl white jazz sport as im not sure in choosing the red or white.Im also thinking of adding rear tints as i know a good mobile fitter who has done 3 past cars.
Like said its a shame there is no reversing camara or even park assist but i remember when we used to have no air con and had to wind windows up so not too bothered.

Red and white are the two colours which I think suit the Sport trim best. I went for red again as my partner has a red Jazz S but I am very likely to go for white next time. My only concern with white (I have never had a white car before) would be keeping it clean, as the Milano Red does not seem to show the dirt so much. Might be best to go with Culzean's suggestion if you decide on white.

I will be looking at aftermarket reversing cameras when the weather warms up a bit (or a lot!) but the Sport does have parking sensors front and rear as standard. I probably wouldn't be bothered about the camera had I not got used to having one on my previous EX.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:50:12 AM by JazzandJag »

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 02:45:27 PM »
There's a Skyride Blue version on show in our local shopping precinct (covered in snow!) which looks very smart with the red sport trim.  I would have chosen it rather than Brilliant Sporty Blue had it been available at the time.  I think lighter colours are somewhat safer, particularly yellow, but I've never fancied that.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »
My Volvo S40 was Panama Yellow. My wife saw it and fell in love with the colour. Colour certainly grew on me. You never had a problem finding it in a car park!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2018, 06:18:01 PM »
I had a banana yellow (not my choice) Datsun 160B when my daughters were teenagers, requests for transport always included the phrase "In mums car". I once owned a white car, never again, black is almost as bad to keep clean. My 1.5 Jazz will be Milano red, hopefully the 1.5 engine will have filtered down to the SE by next year when I will replace my car. If not it will have to be a Sport model.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 06:23:10 PM by Deeps »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2018, 07:15:57 PM »
I did worry about keeping my wife's orchid pearl white Si clean,  but because it is 'off-white' and metallic with diamondbrite coating it never really seems to look that dirty.  If it does get a bit dirty and it rains it looks clean again,  or at worst a quick going over with a brush on a garden hose with a shampoo stick in it. 

There is a photo of side of my wifes jazz in recent ' good quality polish' thread in care and detailing section, it is surprisingly shiny considering it has only been polished once in about 5 years and that was just with autoglym super resin polish last summer.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:22:10 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4871

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2018, 07:21:10 PM »
I have Orchid White and it doesn't show the dirt.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2018, 07:22:09 PM »
I have Orchid White and it doesn't show the dirt.

Aye, right!

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2018, 04:10:29 PM »
I agree, I think the red looks best with the black wheels and the red flash on the spoilers. Got mine from my local dealer and he gave me a fair p/ex and a nice discount as well. Floor the throttle and the mid range acceleration is just amazing. The car is much faster off the line than the 1.3 and I also thought it seemed better matched to the CVT tranmission.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:17:22 PM by Barcam »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2018, 04:33:35 PM »
I'm hoping that the Hybrid currently available elsewhere will eventually make it to the UK. That's a 1.5 coupled with their new electric assist system. My only concern is that it's DSG not CVT but I'm open minded on that.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2018, 10:14:38 PM »
I'm hoping that the Hybrid currently available elsewhere will eventually make it to the UK. That's a 1.5 coupled with their new electric assist system. My only concern is that it's DSG not CVT but I'm open minded on that.
The gearbox is explained here http://world.honda.com/automobile-technology/i-DCD/topic1/ (note there are three different tabs). The dual clutch configuration enables switching between engine and motor or using both.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2018, 09:25:40 AM »
Jazz 1.5 Sport CVT 500 mile Review

Having now covered just over 500 miles I thought it worthwhile posting my thoughts so far.

Performance is everything I had hoped for, particularly moving away from rest. There always seems to be sufficient power available. I have only used kickdown about 3 times and not even tried S mode or the paddles - D mode does everything I ask of the car. Overtaking  normally involves just a little more pressure on the throttle, whereas with my previous 1.3 kickdown was almost always needed for my style of driving.

Ecomomy. It is too early to give definite figures but mpg in the high 30s compared to the low 40s for my previous EX

Ride quality is dramatically improved over my previous EX. Everyone who has been in the car has commented on this. Bumps are well absorbed and ride is very comfortable with no detriment to the cornering ability.

The auto wipers seem to be greatly improved. After the first two wet drives when the system seemed to be self calibrating, I have just left the sensitivity adjustment at the mid point and it works well.

Overall I am really pleased I changed to the Sport despite the lesser equipment levels compared to the EX. I intend to have an after-market rear-view camera installed in the next few weeks.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2018, 07:17:58 PM »
Stopped by my local dealer and took a few snaps:

1.5 i-VTEC Sport in Milano Red:

1.3 i-VTEC EX in Skyride Blue:

As I said before, the lack of climate control would be a deal breaker for me.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2018, 10:06:06 PM »
I agree with you Richard, if it had climate control I would buy one, maybe they will add it as an option........

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2018, 11:18:34 PM »
Funny old world, some say the climate control does not work well, some say they can't live without it. Me, I can live with adjusting a knob once or at most twice a journey if at all, even though I have owned several cars with climate control systems. A choice between a 1.5 engine or climate control is a no contest for me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:38:50 AM by Deeps »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2018, 09:32:14 AM »
I agree with the OP. The lack of 'toys' puts me off. And I would not want to be without climate control.

Tags:

anything