Author Topic: Bit of a daft question....  (Read 3979 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Bit of a daft question....
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »
Yes - it actually is quite a small car. Had a good look round one the other day at the Toyota Garage just across the road. In fact you'd need to get the Auris for comparable overall space to the Jazz and that's in the Golf/Focus category. I'd feel I'd be trading down and trips to the tip might not be as easy!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 11:05:30 AM »
Yes - it actually is quite a small car. Had a good look round one the other day at the Toyota Garage just across the road. In fact you'd need to get the Auris for comparable overall space to the Jazz and that's in the Golf/Focus category. I'd feel I'd be trading down and trips to the tip might not be as easy!

Her indoors loves her Jazz because it has a nice 'airy feel' good all round vision and is very easy for her and others to get in and out of and will take 5 adults at a push (she hates the Civic because rear window spoiler, smaller windows and it is lower and is easy for people to bump their heads on angled top of rear door opening when getting in - she sometimes puts her hand on their heads like police do when putting people into the back seats LOL.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 11:58:29 AM »

I rejected the Auris after two minutes for inadequate headroom. I am 6ft 1in.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 12:54:07 PM »
I use all seasons tyres Nexen N'PRIZ 4s / N'Blue 4s in my 2009 Jazz. My Ibiza use Michelin Crossclimate.

As for cars, the only car that's completable to the New Jazz is the Nissan Note. But they have just stopped making it, and inside looks quite cheap but it's good value. Personally, stick to what you are used to.

Try Carwow. You may get a good price.

Good luck!

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 09:43:07 AM »
A bit controversial maybe but in your position I would be looking at the new Toyota Yaris hybrids. There should be some nearly new models knocking about. I still have my 2005 Jazz but my Toyota RAV4 hybrid is my first automatic and it is superb but old generation hybrid. I think the Yaris has a newer version and the efficiency is much improved.

I did think about the Yaris. Up front there is actually as much if not more room than the Jazz. It's when you look at the rest of the car that it falls down a bit. Very tight in the back and a tiny boot. That said it is actually quite rare that we have passengers in the back apart from the grandkids. I've haven't ruled it out though.

Yaris is same interior as a lot of 'handbag cars' (eg. Fiat 500, Mini ) with ''normal' room in front seats but room for a small dog in the back, and a boot that is full when two shopping bags are in it.

Yep. Not recommending for the space, just for the quality of the new Hybrid (Automatic) Transmission. Whilst my son isn't using our Jazz it is acting like a shed on the drive for me and as a van for taking stuff to the charity shops and recycling.

Tags: