Author Topic: 2018 facelift pricing announced  (Read 7176 times)

guest1372

2018 facelift pricing announced
« on: January 04, 2018, 02:57:23 PM »
Facelifted 2018 Jazz pricing announced:

£14,115 S 1.3 / £15,615 SE /  £17,115 EX / £17,155 Sport 1.5

Not much changed although I'm not sure the EX had LED headlights before? Sport prices as expected and tempting for fans of orange accents.  Black mirrors remind me of base model Mk1.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/jazz/100443/new-2018-facelifted-honda-jazz-on-sale-from-14115
--
TG

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: 2018 facelift pricing announced
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 03:12:28 PM »
The EX doesn't currently have LED headlights.  If the clusters are to be the same as the ones on the sport, then they have moved the running lights to the headlight cluster, which means they will be required to dim or extinguish when the indicators are used (due to proximity).

I am disappointed that the 1.5 will not be fitted to the other models and will probably now opt for the HR-V as my next choice of car.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:48:13 PM »
I am disappointed that the 1.5 will not be fitted to the other models and will probably now opt for the HR-V as my next choice of car.
I would advise caution at opting for an HR-V and do your research carefully. Early models, including mine, were very problematic. I kind of wish I had stayed with my Jazz. Got rid of it within two years.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 03:56:34 PM »
I would advise caution at opting for an HR-V and do your research carefully. Early models, including mine, were very problematic. I kind of wish I had stayed with my Jazz. Got rid of it within two years.

With the HRV made in Mexico I can understand quality problems  - I used to travel to Mexico for business in the 1990's and was not impressed with their quality.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 05:32:38 PM »
Now that the Honda factory staff have been allowed to have the HR-V on lease (this has only happened in the past 6 months due to previous supply shortages) I expect that Honda are getting internal feedback on the HR-V. The niggle I have with my HR-V (Mar 2016) is with the auto idle stop which is more temperamental than on the Mk 3 Jazz while the touch panel for controlling the heating and ventilation is a driving hazard (but many vehicles are going in that direction - this needs action by the people who write the regulations or assess safety). I think that build quality has improved and software bugs are being fixed. Overall it's a much nicer vehicle to drive than the MK 3 Jazz at the expense of around 15% higher fuel consumption.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 05:52:49 PM »
Now that the Honda factory staff have been allowed to have the HR-V on lease (this has only happened in the past 6 months due to previous supply shortages) I expect that Honda are getting internal feedback on the HR-V. The niggle I have with my HR-V (Mar 2016) is with the auto idle stop which is more temperamental than on the Mk 3 Jazz while the touch panel for controlling the heating and ventilation is a driving hazard (but many vehicles are going in that direction - this needs action by the people who write the regulations or assess safety). I think that build quality has improved and software bugs are being fixed. Overall it's a much nicer vehicle to drive than the MK 3 Jazz at the expense of around 15% higher fuel consumption.

It used to be common practice in motor industry to make engineers drive company vehicles, they used to complain about having to change cars every 6 months 'when they were just getting used to car' - at Rover the 6 month old vehicles used to be auctioned off to all employees at much reduced prices.   If Honda didn't follow this practice they were short-sighted to say the least,  it can catch problems early on and save dissatisfied customer switching brands.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:24:06 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 10:26:33 PM »
Just picking up on John's point about the touchscreen heater controls, I had to pull over in the new Civic I had as a loan car to adjust the heating as the faffing about getting other services off the screen was incredibly distracting.

My cousins husband who, in a former life, used to work on the production side for Bedford trucks is genuinely amazed at what car manufacturers are getting away with in connection with these infotainment screens - they are so distracting you might as well be watching Sky Sports while you are driving and they are not as user friendly as simple buttons and knobs.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 09:14:35 AM »
Just picking up on John's point about the touchscreen heater controls, I had to pull over in the new Civic I had as a loan car to adjust the heating as the faffing about getting other services off the screen was incredibly distracting.

My cousins husband who, in a former life, used to work on the production side for Bedford trucks is genuinely amazed at what car manufacturers are getting away with in connection with these infotainment screens - they are so distracting you might as well be watching Sky Sports while you are driving and they are not as user friendly as simple buttons and knobs.

Truth is it is cheaper to put everything on touchscreen.  But added to that car makers are  trying to attract millennial generation drivers who according to Darwins theory now have specially adapted fingers (more finely pointed) and thumbs (longer) to operate touch screens and are not happy with 'manual' controls.

I do find the heating, headlight levelling and mirror controls etc. in (8th gen) Civic much more user friendly than in Jazz anyway (but I think they lost plot a bit in 9th gen Civic with touchscreen), the controls and switches in Jazz seem to be smaller and more spread out,  the 8th Civic ergonomics are excellent - pity they did not carry over the high level digital speedometer  display to Jazz,  it is right in line of sight and you hardly have to take your eyes off road to check speed.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:26:41 AM by culzean »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 11:05:20 AM »
Yes - my cousin said that as well. These touchscreens are much cheaper to install so they are able to pretend they are giving you an upgrade when it is mainly a cynical exercise in cost cutting.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 11:59:12 AM »
So no price reduction to boost sales, how odd - oh hang on its Honda UK.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 08:16:06 PM »
No climate control on Sport? That's disappointing. Something based on the Mk2 Si trim but with the turbo engine would've been great.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 08:09:46 AM »
They are starting to appear in the showrooms now.

Was at my dealers yesterday buying a newer jazz for my OH (2014 1.2S a/c to replace her 2010 1.2S non a/c). They had a skyride blue SE in the showroom and whilst we were there a transporter delivered an orange and a shining metal jazz, both of which appeared to be SEs. Asked about the 1.5 sport but they have yet to have one in the showroom.

I did ask that they convey to Honda the disappointment expressed by many that the 1.5 engine is not available in the SE and EX versions.  The salesperson did agree with me that perhaps those who buy the 1.5 model will do so despite the sport features rather than because of them. Perhaps we might get the right combinations with the Mk4  around 2020-21?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 09:03:45 AM »
I did ask that they convey to Honda the disappointment expressed by many that the 1.5 engine is not available in the SE and EX versions.
Just to catalyse some discussion here, what is this desire for a 1.5 engine all about ? I find the 1.3 to be an excellent little motor, it’s economical and - if you’re prepared to use your right foot - has all the performance most people would need. Anyone wanting a hot hatch has plenty of other choices out there and even a warm-ish Jazz probably wouldn’t be on their list. So what are the “1.5 proponents” actually wanting from a bigger (ie more expensive, less economical, more polluting) engine ? Surely we’re not falling for the “bigger must be better” (even if it isn’t, really) marketing hype ?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 09:59:02 AM »
I did ask that they convey to Honda the disappointment expressed by many that the 1.5 engine is not available in the SE and EX versions.
Just to catalyse some discussion here, what is this desire for a 1.5 engine all about ? I find the 1.3 to be an excellent little motor, it’s economical and - if you’re prepared to use your right foot - has all the performance most people would need. Anyone wanting a hot hatch has plenty of other choices out there and even a warm-ish Jazz probably wouldn’t be on their list. So what are the “1.5 proponents” actually wanting from a bigger (ie more expensive, less economical, more polluting) engine ? Surely we’re not falling for the “bigger must be better” (even if it isn’t, really) marketing hype ?

My feelings exactly - some people want fantastic economy and also a bigger more powerful engine (having your cake and eating it too). IMHO larger engine is designed for places like USA, Australia and South Africa etc where distances are longer and people were used to 6 and 8 cylinder engines and anything better than 20mpg was a bonus.  I hope the Jazz is not going to turn into a 'modders car' - at the moment you can park a Jazz anywhere and be fairly sure a scrote does not want to nick it, but with larger 'more desirable' (to some) engine that may not be the case.  UK is a very urban country and 1.3 engine is pretty spot on for 99% of its target audience.  Maybe Honda could offer 1.5 engine in a GT or Si version but overall I don't think it is needed.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 11:40:09 AM »
People who have had experience of both the 1.5 engine in the HRV and the 1.3 Jazz (John Ratsey for example) say that the additional torque makes for a more refined drive. I would agree that once on the move the performance of the 1.3 CVT is very good but I do feel that it can feel just a little slow when pulling out from rest onto say a busy main road and I would hope that the 1.5 might be a little better in this respect. This is probably not a problem in manual cars.

I shall test drive a 1.5 sport CVT prior to my current PCP deal running out in July 2019, but the  drive would have to be very  good to make me give up the EX equipment levels.  Incidentally, to pick up on Culzean's point regarding theft,  the dealer mentioned that there have been several thefts of the new Civic turbo (and one poor soul who wrote his off in the recent icy weather less than  a week after getting it)

Tags:

anything