Author Topic: jazz no spark  (Read 2393 times)

guest7300

jazz no spark
« on: December 18, 2017, 04:40:53 PM »
Hi every one my names Tomo and just joint up,my jazz has no spark and so won’t start......has any one come across this??

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: jazz no spark
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »
Hi every one my names Tomo and just joint up,my jazz has no spark and so won’t start......has any one come across this??

MK2 GD jazz has 8 spark plugs (2 per cylinder),  each plug has its own coil fed with 12 volts from ECU,  so for all plugs to not spark it must be an immobilliser or ECU problem.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 11:36:36 PM »
I think I would start with the simple stuff, check all fuses are intact and all the ignition coil wiring is in good order.

Anything untoward on the instrument panel, immobiliser 'key' symbol showing, or engine management light?

Jem

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Honda Jazz sport 1.4 In blue! :D
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 04:11:45 PM »
Out a multimeter on the batter and make sure that has power. Winter kills batteries. 

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 04:23:36 PM »
I am assuming that the engine turns over but will not fire up.

Actually it is heat that kills batteries,  the reason they fail in winter is due to damage done by high under-bonnet temperatures in summer causing loss of capacity rendering them unfit to face winter loads.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: