Author Topic: Hmmmm good news from Honda?  (Read 4067 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Hmmmm good news from Honda?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »
We drove our Mark I Jazz to the dealer and test drove the lastest model a couple months ao.  It didn't seem much better, just newer.  So we've saved our money and just keep driving the 'old banger'.  Seems that's the problem with Honda's, you but the car and never returned to by a new one, they just last forever!

Problem with Honda they are too reliable,  even Jezza Clarkson said that a Honda could drive several times around the known universe and would still be OK.   Nothing wrong with MK1,  in fact I think the engine is more suited to its job of mainly urban car with occasional motorway trip than then the VTEC engine in later models.   I would not mind a MK1 iDSi engine in my wifes MK11 (and neither would she, as she often remarks the VTEC is gutless low down).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7328

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 10:22:11 PM »
My second hand Jazz has driven 310,000KMs... that's 7.7 times around the world... still much more reliable than my previous Peugeot 206...

guest6436

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 11:19:14 PM »
same... still driving our 2004 AND 2003 , went to have a look at the new model few weeks ago - It's just a newer car ,that's really it-nothing that different, the visibility on this mk3 sucks hard tho compared to mk1's great visibility and such ease of drive.
mk3 feels like a larger grown up car compared to mk1 -not a good thing for this car!

Tags:

anything